Very good like always 😉

• Threaded chat support for NodeBB

Let's Build It
    19 Votes
    35 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW said in Threaded chat support for NodeBB:

Better like this : add shadow and border-left on self answer

Of course - you style to your own requirements and taste 🙂 I’ll commit that CSS we discussed yesterday also

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• 11 Votes
    14 Posts

@dave1904 excellent news. Thanks for the feedback

• How to fix size of photos & videos NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    7 Posts

@crazycells pleasure. Using percentages makes much more sense in this case. It’s the same argument with px vs pt vs em with fonts, margins, padding, etc., in the sense that em is generally preferred over px and pt

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/609517/why-em-instead-of-px

• Changing Background on NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS

background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed;

Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored.

More info around the background property can be found here

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php

• Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • NodeBB Design help

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ?

For the record, this is what I added

#footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; }

The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently

EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget

<!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style>

That should resolve the /categories issue.