Skip to content

Further Widgets question

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • Page control arrows for PWA

Solved Customisation
    25 Votes
    27 Posts

@crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems.

/** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android }

Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.

• 4 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab oh no, that is 1 cent on the video, but you are right, symbols are similar… I just converted it to $1 , since it is more intuitive in daily life…

• 2 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this

d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png

The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text

• Nodebb 3.2.0

Bugs
    2 Votes
    20 Posts

@crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix

EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below

li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • Where are widgets stored?

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda said in Upgrade to NodeBB v3? 2BB or not 2BB, that is the question!:

So although thats a plugin it has Widget like element and stopped working on the Theme change

Which is normal based on the widgets being reset when you change themes.

• NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    3k Views

@Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository.

Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@pwsincd I think you can use userData.isAdmin = isAdmin; if I’m not mistaken - see
    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/15128/how-to-hide-whitelist-user-field-only-to-owner-or-admin?_=1648802303112 for an example