Skip to content

Where are widgets stored?

Solved Configure
3 2 1.3k 1
  • Im away from home and only have access to mobile devices, and none of those allow me to create a widget. Can’t drag the html element into the (say) header section. Thats not working in mobile or ‘Desktop mode’ mobile, as the touch screen wont grab the item like a mouse click does.
    I was curious if I can create this widget directly as can SSH into my nodebb file system. So question:
    Is Widget code stored in the MongoDB database, or is it just a file in the NodeBB file system?
    In principle can I create a file that would then be picked up as a Widget. I guess if it is stored as a file, somewhere it must say what category and position on screen it applies to.

  • Im away from home and only have access to mobile devices, and none of those allow me to create a widget. Can’t drag the html element into the (say) header section. Thats not working in mobile or ‘Desktop mode’ mobile, as the touch screen wont grab the item like a mouse click does.
    I was curious if I can create this widget directly as can SSH into my nodebb file system. So question:
    Is Widget code stored in the MongoDB database, or is it just a file in the NodeBB file system?
    In principle can I create a file that would then be picked up as a Widget. I guess if it is stored as a file, somewhere it must say what category and position on screen it applies to.

    @Panda widgets are stored in the Mongo database. I can set the widget up for you if you PM me site details etc.

  • @Panda widgets are stored in the Mongo database. I can set the widget up for you if you PM me site details etc.

    @phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you

  • Pandaundefined Panda has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Opening links in nodebb widget

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below <iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe> This works first time every time on your site as intended.
  • Smart Widgets

    Solved Configure nodebb
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda said in Smart Widgets: So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object? It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train
  • Further Widgets question

    Solved Configure nodebb
    4
    1
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.
  • Email validation NodeBB

    Bugs nodebb
    21
    3 Votes
    21 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Email validation NodeBB: Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that? I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.
  • Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB

    Solved Customisation nodebb q&a plugin
    25
    1
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    10k Views
    @phenomlab said in Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB: float: right; left: 10px; } worked thank you
  • Plugin reaction Bug

    Solved Customisation plugin nodebb reaction
    15
    1
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW That was going to be my next suggestion
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.
  • [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

    Solved Customisation
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @jac are you using Custom ? Sure am mate Confirmed Fixed