Skip to content

Where are widgets stored?

Solved Configure
3 2 1.3k 1
  • Im away from home and only have access to mobile devices, and none of those allow me to create a widget. Can’t drag the html element into the (say) header section. Thats not working in mobile or ‘Desktop mode’ mobile, as the touch screen wont grab the item like a mouse click does.
    I was curious if I can create this widget directly as can SSH into my nodebb file system. So question:
    Is Widget code stored in the MongoDB database, or is it just a file in the NodeBB file system?
    In principle can I create a file that would then be picked up as a Widget. I guess if it is stored as a file, somewhere it must say what category and position on screen it applies to.

  • Im away from home and only have access to mobile devices, and none of those allow me to create a widget. Can’t drag the html element into the (say) header section. Thats not working in mobile or ‘Desktop mode’ mobile, as the touch screen wont grab the item like a mouse click does.
    I was curious if I can create this widget directly as can SSH into my nodebb file system. So question:
    Is Widget code stored in the MongoDB database, or is it just a file in the NodeBB file system?
    In principle can I create a file that would then be picked up as a Widget. I guess if it is stored as a file, somewhere it must say what category and position on screen it applies to.

    @Panda widgets are stored in the Mongo database. I can set the widget up for you if you PM me site details etc.

  • @Panda widgets are stored in the Mongo database. I can set the widget up for you if you PM me site details etc.

    @phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you

  • Pandaundefined Panda has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • Opening links in nodebb widget

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below <iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe> This works first time every time on your site as intended.
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • Bug in Nodebb route when clicking title

    Moved Configure nodebb
    3
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    Ah silly me, thanks for finding that!
  • Smart Widgets

    Solved Configure nodebb
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda said in Smart Widgets: So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object? It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train
  • NodeBB upgrade now cant post

    Solved Bugs nodebb
    5
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.
  • NodeBB: Creating pages

    Solved Configure nodebb create page
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    OK, I think I have figured out how to place a link in the footer which will click to a new page.
  • NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    38
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    15k Views
    @Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository. Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.