Skip to content

Opening links in nodebb widget

Solved Configure
  • @phenomlab the convo we started on nodebb forum, I thought to continue it here.
    Still having the issue of links not loading often in widgets
    Have you been able to take a look?

• A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below

<iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe>

This works first time every time on your site as intended.

• @Panda not yet, will do so later. For continuity, can you provide the code here that you want to use?

• @phenomlab yes, its just a quiz.

<script src="https://www.classmarker.com/public/js/embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" data-quiz="gag66aea7922f0a5" data-width="700" data-height="800" ></script>

The fact this is so problematic makes me wonder if something should be built into the widget code in nodebb to sort whatever the timing issue is, that causes loading to fail

• @Panda I’ll test this and revert. Will get back to you later.

• @Panda It’s not caused by NodeBB, but the way you are calling the URL - see the error message below reported in the console

embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:7  Uncaught TypeError: Failed to construct 'URL': Invalid URL
        at __createIframe (embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:7:80)
        at load (embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:3:100)
        at embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:1:1

• A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below

<iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe>

This works first time every time on your site as intended.

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • Where are widgets stored?

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • Further Widgets question

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.

• NodeBB: Consent page

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW I still do not see any issues.

• Plugin reaction Bug

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    15 Posts

@DownPW That was going to be my next suggestion 🙂

• Error install plugin

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    8 Posts

@pobojmoks

Not WP plugin but nodeBB but it a known bug

• Adjusting the size of boxes in posts-list class

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot, this combination works best 👍

.posts-list .posts-list-item .content { overflow: auto; max-height: 600px; }
  • NodeBB metadata

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB metadata:

@jac Are you sure ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&sxsrf=AOaemvLwnaZL-PliU_2dBOg_Eo1pMVhBjg%3A1638982328139&source=hp&ei=uOKwYeatBcOsad3yp7AE&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYbDwyLBSDcG5XYoFCKwQFhgz94wTxOcV&ved=0ahUKEwjm6dX71NT0AhVDVhoKHV35CUYQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BAgjECc6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoFCAAQgAQ6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6BQgAELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDUABYySZg0CdoAHAAeACAAW2IAa0NkgEEMjMuMpgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Fair enough 🤪🤪😁.