Skip to content

NodeBB: Consent page

Solved Configure
16 3 5.8k 2

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • Fixed background to nodebb forum

    Solved Configure nodebb
    25
    4 Votes
    25 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Fixed background to nodebb forum: Chatgpt told me the ::before method. Go figure
  • NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

    Moved Performance nodebb v3 nodebb chat
    47
    11 Votes
    47 Posts
    19k Views
    @DownPW Seems fine.
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • NodeBB: Upgrading to NodeBB v3.x

    Solved Configure nodebb v3.x
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @mventures You’d need to connect to the server and execute it directly - not on your local terminal. Review the guide below, which will show you how to gain access via SSH to your server https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/dedicated/ssh-introduction/ Once you have access, you’ll need to navigate to the actual folder where NodeBB is installed You’ll then need to change to the directory as shown below /home/unbuntu/nodebb [image: 1680448167972-fdffe673-bf63-4b6d-a728-5506fddc1aff-image.png] In most cases, initial access takes you to the root of the file system. You can always issue pwd in a Linux terminal which will show you the Present Working Directory. From there, you can issue the command cd /home/ubuntu/nodebb Once in the NodeBB directory, you’d use the below commands ./nodebb stop git fetch && git checkout develop && git reset --hard origin/develop ./nodebb upgrade ./nodebb start Line 1 stops the NodeBB instance Line 2 gets the latest files from GIT (repository) and then checks out the development branch. It then resets the version you are using to the development branch ready for v3 Line 3 Runs the upgrade once the new branch is set, and code pulled Line 4 Restarts the NodeBB instance after the upgrade has completed Note that when you restart NodeBB and log back in, things will look very different to what you had in v2.
  • NodeBB: Creating the Swatch modes

    Solved Configure swatch
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    935 Views
    @mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3. If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.
  • restarting nodebb on boot

    Unsolved Configure nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot: can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts? It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.
  • Gettin Erors NodeBB

    Solved Configure nodebb eror
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab no forum is working goods. there is no eror message since yestarday.