Skip to content

NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

Moved Performance
47 3 19.0k 1

Related Topics
  • 3 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    @crazycells Agreed. It takes a more sensible approach. Nobody ever upvotes the first post - it’s usually much further down as the conversation progresses.
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • NodeBB: Privileges for the Announcement channel

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    1
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    Up to you really
  • NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install

    Solved Configure nodebb version 3 install error
    19
    2 Votes
    19 Posts
    6k Views
    @phenomlab Work now
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    56k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/
  • Title on homepage of nodebb forum

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @eveh Welcome board The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; } Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.
  • NodeBB slow after DB recovery

    Solved Performance performance nodebb
    1
    5 Votes
    1 Posts
    893 Views
    No one has replied
  • NodeBB 1.19.3

    Solved Performance nodebb 1.19.3 performance
    33
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab I find the problem Mark The error message indicated this path : http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u I change the path url on config.json [image: 1645128773854-47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png] And all it’s good Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3 But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok