Skip to content

NodeBB templates

Locked Chitchat
12 3 4.3k 1
  • @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

    @jac ok. I’m just wondering if @DownPW would like to be part of this given the work we’ve done together in terms of the theme switcher.

    My personal thoughts here are any themes made available should be open source and free to use. I’m happy to provide the CSS for both light and dark themes sudonix uses if someone else could benefit from them.

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

    @downpw I don’t think streaming CSS files is a good idea - they should be hosted locally for performance reasons alone. My thoughts were around using the theme switcher tool we created to enable others to use multiple themes, or choose the one they like best 😄

  • yes it’s better ^^

  • @phenomlab @DownPW absolutely, I suppose if you go off one really good template (theme) then you can add your own changes for example the required colour for my forum is navy blue, but at least a very good base would be there.

    Maybe updating (making changes) to it could be difficult or classed as copying I guess.

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

    @downpw said in NodeBB templates:

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    Great idea - you don’t need my permission to create new threads that are meaningful - we may need to reference the original topic, but I agree, a new thread makes sense now that the code and functionality is stable and mature.

  • Ok I will do that as soon i possible dude 😉

  • Placing this here for reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher

    Further information and posts can be found at this link

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab locked this topic on

Related Topics
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • Difficult to move posts now, on mobile.

    Bugs nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.
  • Composer options on nodebb

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    3 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console [image: 1686833368846-3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png] [image: 1686833399483-a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png] That should then expose the element once selected [image: 1686833431032-89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png] Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided. .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

    Bugs nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services. And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.
  • Email validation NodeBB

    Bugs nodebb
    21
    3 Votes
    21 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Email validation NodeBB: Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that? I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.
  • NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

    Moved Performance nodebb v3 nodebb chat
    47
    11 Votes
    47 Posts
    19k Views
    @DownPW Seems fine.
  • CPU usage higher than expected for nodeBB (on clients)

    Chitchat
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter Yes, although the experience would be very much degraded without websockets.
  • NodeBB vs Discourse

    Chitchat nodebb discourse board
    25
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    13k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB vs Discourse: Hetzner eh ? I use them also. In fact, Sudonix is hosted in Nuremberg yes i’m also at hetzner, i have been a customer there for years with a reseller account for domains. My VPS that I host there are also in Nuremberg