Skip to content

NodeBB: Privileges for the Announcement channel

Solved Configure
6 2 2.2k 1

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • NodeBB: Creating the Swatch modes

    Solved Configure swatch
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    935 Views
    @mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3. If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.
  • nodebb loading emojis

    Solved Configure nodebb emojis
    16
    1
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version. You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.
  • Podcast Share NodeBB

    Solved Configure podcast nodebb
    15
    4 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay You could experiment with nodebb-plugin-ns-embed but I expect the x-origin tag on the remote site to prevent playback.
  • Bootstrap Version

    Solved Customisation nodebb bootstrap
    8
    5 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab That will be nice once they have completed that. It will be interesting to see how long that takes. So for now I will use custom css to make it look the way I want. Frameworks just make things a little faster. Thanks @phenomlab
  • Configure SMTP for Nodebb

    Solved Configure
    14
    5 Votes
    14 Posts
    4k Views
    @marusaky based on the work completed thus far (in relation to PM exchanges), I’m going to mark this completed. Sending email from the server itself works fine without issue, and DNS appears to be clean (valid SPF, DMARC, and DKIM records). It appears that only Gmail marks incoming messages from your domain as spam - perhaps because of the domain age, which there is nothing we can do to prevent this. Mail delivery to all other domains appears to work fine in al of my tests.
  • Social icon (Nodebb)

    Solved Customisation nodebb social
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb): @jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine [image: 1638880098289-73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png] fixed