Skip to content

Bug Report

Solved Bugs
47 3 17.4k 1

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    18
    2
    7 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them. More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons. I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.
  • Difficult to move posts now, on mobile.

    Bugs nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.
  • Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

    Bugs nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services. And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.
  • Further Widgets question

    Solved Configure nodebb
    4
    1
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.
  • NodeBB inline videoplayer

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab YAY! It works Thanks so much
  • FIXED: Annoying cosmetic bug on mobile view

    Moved Bugs bugs
    13
    3 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    And now, after all this time I finally discovered that the CSS I previously referenced was for something else - and used the same CSS name, so I’ve had to reinstate this block .tab-content { max-height: 0; padding: 0 2em; color: #898989; background: #eeeeee; transition: all 0.35s; margin-top: -5px; } And, add this below to make it more specific. .emoji-tabs .tab-content { height: 100%; max-height: 100%; padding: 0; margin: 0; }
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.