Skip to content

Collapsing blockquotes on Harmony

General
2 2 888 1
  • On Harmony theme blockquotes are not collapsing as it seems. Or am I missing a setting? If there are nested, long quotes it can be a scrolling marathon on mobile devices.

    Does someone have an idea how this could be implemented? I guess it would need some template and css adjustments.

    For example, here there whole screen is filled by quotes:

    Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 00-46-26 Stimmung und Support.png

  • On Harmony theme blockquotes are not collapsing as it seems. Or am I missing a setting? If there are nested, long quotes it can be a scrolling marathon on mobile devices.

    Does someone have an idea how this could be implemented? I guess it would need some template and css adjustments.

    For example, here there whole screen is filled by quotes:

    Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 00-46-26 Stimmung und Support.png

    @dave1904 that’s a really good point actually. I know it was there previously on Persona, but you’re right - no such function exists on harmony.

    However, putting something in place to mimick the behaviour of Persona won’t be hard from the js standpoint, although I wonder if perhaps we should ask the NodeBB developers is this feature was overlooked?


Related Topics
  • Nodebb to Xenforo

    Solved Configure xenforo nodebb
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay as @downpw stated, there isn’t a native tool that will do this for you. You’d need to either develop your own or ask the nodebb team to assist which will be a paid exercise.
  • Nodebb design

    Solved General nodebb
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda said in Nodebb design: One negative is not being so good for SEO as more Server side rendered forums, if web crawlers dont run the JS to read the forum. From recollection, Google and Bing have the capability to read and process JS, although it’s not in the same manner as a physical person will consume content on a page. It will be seen as plain text, but will be indexed. However, it’s important to note that Yandex and Baidu will not render JS, although seeing as Google has a 90% share of the content available on the web in terms of indexing, this isn’t something you’ll likely lose sleep over. @Panda said in Nodebb design: The “write api” is preferred for server-to-server interactions. This is mostly based around overall security - you won’t typically want a client machine changing database elements or altering data. This is why you have “client-side” which could be DOM manipulation etc, and “server-side” which performs more complex operations as it can communicate directly with the database whereas the client cannot (and if it can, then you have a serious security flaw). Reading from the API is perfectly acceptable on the client-side, but not being able to write. A paradigm here would be something like SNMP. This protocol exists as a UDP (UDP is very efficient, as it is “fire and forget” and does not wait for a response like TCP does) based service which reads performance data from a remote source, thus enabling an application to parse that data for use in a monitoring application. In all cases, SNMP access should be “RO” (Read Only) and not RW (Read Write). It is completely feasible to assume complete control over a firewall for example by having RW access to SNMP and then exposing it to the entire internet with a weak passphrase. You wouldn’t do it (at least, I hope you wouldn’t) and the same ethic applies to server-side rendering and the execution of commands.
  • Smart Widgets

    Solved Configure nodebb
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda said in Smart Widgets: So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object? It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train
  • 12 Votes
    47 Posts
    15k Views
    @dave1904 just coming back to this thread as @DownPW and I both experienced issues with other plugins today, and the fix was to use the plugin ordering in the ACP and move the Harmony theme to the very top so it comes before everything else in terms of other plugins. It might be worth at least trying this to see if it gives you a result rather than the previous bulldozer approach. Thinking about it, the previous fix I proposed is along the same lines and disabling plugins does in fact change the order when they are enabled again, so this is definitely worth a try. Let me know how you get on.
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • NodeBB v3 and Harmony Theme

    Discussion nodebb theme
    22
    13 Votes
    22 Posts
    11k Views
    Been playing with the user profile page this afternoon. Thought I’d post a video as I’m really pleased with how this came out profile-screen-capture.webm
  • Detect if user is admin

    General nodebb javascript code
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @pwsincd I think you can use userData.isAdmin = isAdmin; if I’m not mistaken - see https://community.nodebb.org/topic/15128/how-to-hide-whitelist-user-field-only-to-owner-or-admin?_=1648802303112 for an example
  • IRC Server/Client - Chat App with NodeBB

    Linux nodebb irc server client
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @Hari not sure from the consumer perspective, but Skype has been all but completely consumed by Microsoft Teams when it comes to business usage.