Skip to content

Gettin Erors NodeBB

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 7 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check.

EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right…

.bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; }

I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.

• 2 Votes
    6 Posts

@dave1904 I’d start by adding a console.log function to hookData so you can see what is being returned

return hookData; console.log(hookData):
  • Smart Widgets

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda said in Smart Widgets:

So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object?

It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train 🙂

• NodeBB: Consent page

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW I still do not see any issues.

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    2k Views

@Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository.

Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)