Skip to content

restarting nodebb on boot

Unsolved Configure
3 2 1.7k 1
  • I have asked this question on the nodebb forum but still very confused, if I may also take opinions here.
    In a power cut or glitch my server may restart. What is the best way to make nodebb forum come back up without doing manual start?
    I was looking at nodemon which I understand, but the nodebb docs suggest a method of adding somethings to a systemd file !
    Its more complicated, is it a better method or can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

  • I have asked this question on the nodebb forum but still very confused, if I may also take opinions here.
    In a power cut or glitch my server may restart. What is the best way to make nodebb forum come back up without doing manual start?
    I was looking at nodemon which I understand, but the nodebb docs suggest a method of adding somethings to a systemd file !
    Its more complicated, is it a better method or can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

    @eeeee Have you seen / read the below?

    https://docs.nodebb.org/configuring/running/

  • I have asked this question on the nodebb forum but still very confused, if I may also take opinions here.
    In a power cut or glitch my server may restart. What is the best way to make nodebb forum come back up without doing manual start?
    I was looking at nodemon which I understand, but the nodebb docs suggest a method of adding somethings to a systemd file !
    Its more complicated, is it a better method or can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot:

    can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

    It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.


Related Topics
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • Fixed background to nodebb forum

    Solved Configure nodebb
    25
    4 Votes
    25 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Fixed background to nodebb forum: Chatgpt told me the ::before method. Go figure
  • NodeBB: Consent page

    Solved Configure nodebb consent
    16
    4 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views
    @DownPW I still do not see any issues.
  • NodeBB: Creating the Swatch modes

    Solved Configure swatch
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    935 Views
    @mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3. If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.
  • NodeBB: Privileges for the Announcement channel

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    1
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    Up to you really
  • nodebb loading emojis

    Solved Configure nodebb emojis
    16
    1
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version. You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.
  • Podcast Share NodeBB

    Solved Configure podcast nodebb
    15
    4 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay You could experiment with nodebb-plugin-ns-embed but I expect the x-origin tag on the remote site to prevent playback.
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.