Skip to content

using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?

Discussion
7 2 2.6k 1
  • It appears that we are entering a new age… I guess soon we will be wearing glasses that can listen us and analyze statements/commands and make reservations, create alarms, send messages etc.

    With the GPT-4 Turbo (more powerful, faster, and most importantly cheaper), assistants (plug-ins), and a GPT store (specialized gpt versions created by users)…

    I wonder if there’s a potential to leverage NodeBB forum data to train GPT-4 Turbo in a way to create a chatbot, and when users write a question, this bot will give a concise information/answer to users and guiding them directly to relevant topic(s) in the forum by sharing the topic links?

  • It appears that we are entering a new age… I guess soon we will be wearing glasses that can listen us and analyze statements/commands and make reservations, create alarms, send messages etc.

    With the GPT-4 Turbo (more powerful, faster, and most importantly cheaper), assistants (plug-ins), and a GPT store (specialized gpt versions created by users)…

    I wonder if there’s a potential to leverage NodeBB forum data to train GPT-4 Turbo in a way to create a chatbot, and when users write a question, this bot will give a concise information/answer to users and guiding them directly to relevant topic(s) in the forum by sharing the topic links?

    @crazycells Interesting concept, and certainly one that warrants further exploration as it could extend the reach of any forum well beyond what search engines can offer.

    I know that someone in the NodeBB community has already begun something along these lines in the form of ChatGPT moderation, which looks good but isn’t free in the sense that it needs “credits” to work

    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17198/chatgpt-moderation?_=1699722431266

    From recollection, a pro subscription to GPT4 costs $20/month - and is has caps, such as 50 queries max per 4 hours, and many are questioning if this fee make the product worth it or not - it’s not something I’d specifically use in terms of a subscription per month - at least, not enough to warrant it’s cost.

    For the training part, I guess that ChatGPT would have to crawl your website rather like an indexing service does. However, we already have search capabilities in NodeBB and ChatGPT would effectively be another - the question here is do we really need it?

  • @crazycells Interesting concept, and certainly one that warrants further exploration as it could extend the reach of any forum well beyond what search engines can offer.

    I know that someone in the NodeBB community has already begun something along these lines in the form of ChatGPT moderation, which looks good but isn’t free in the sense that it needs “credits” to work

    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17198/chatgpt-moderation?_=1699722431266

    From recollection, a pro subscription to GPT4 costs $20/month - and is has caps, such as 50 queries max per 4 hours, and many are questioning if this fee make the product worth it or not - it’s not something I’d specifically use in terms of a subscription per month - at least, not enough to warrant it’s cost.

    For the training part, I guess that ChatGPT would have to crawl your website rather like an indexing service does. However, we already have search capabilities in NodeBB and ChatGPT would effectively be another - the question here is do we really need it?

    @phenomlab said in using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?:

    From recollection, a pro subscription to GPT4 costs $20/month - and is has caps, such as 50 queries max per 4 hours, and many are questioning if this fee make the product worth it or not - it’s not something I’d specifically use in terms of a subscription per month - at least, not enough to warrant it’s cost.

    Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought this is the price for web-based ChatGPT subscription, where you use it for your own questions, right?

    I thought API price is based on the usage? input tokens & output tokens…

    https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7127956-how-much-does-gpt-4-cost

  • @phenomlab said in using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?:

    From recollection, a pro subscription to GPT4 costs $20/month - and is has caps, such as 50 queries max per 4 hours, and many are questioning if this fee make the product worth it or not - it’s not something I’d specifically use in terms of a subscription per month - at least, not enough to warrant it’s cost.

    Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought this is the price for web-based ChatGPT subscription, where you use it for your own questions, right?

    I thought API price is based on the usage? input tokens & output tokens…

    https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7127956-how-much-does-gpt-4-cost

    @crazycells said in using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?:

    where you use it for your own questions, right?

    Yes, that’s right. Sorry - I was trying to draw some parallel in terms of the cost.

    @crazycells said in using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?:

    I thought API price is based on the usage? input tokens & output tokens…

    Yes, it is, although on larger forums it could still land up being quite expensive depending on how often it is used.

  • @crazycells said in using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?:

    where you use it for your own questions, right?

    Yes, that’s right. Sorry - I was trying to draw some parallel in terms of the cost.

    @crazycells said in using exclusive nodebb forum data to create a chatgpt chatbot?:

    I thought API price is based on the usage? input tokens & output tokens…

    Yes, it is, although on larger forums it could still land up being quite expensive depending on how often it is used.

    @phenomlab yes, you are right. But my assumption is that larger forums would have money to fund this, although it does not necessarily have to be the case. This is the rate for GPT-Turbo…

    Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 18.32.43.png

    $1 for 100.000 input tokens
    $3 for 100.000 output tokens

  • @phenomlab yes, you are right. But my assumption is that larger forums would have money to fund this, although it does not necessarily have to be the case. This is the rate for GPT-Turbo…

    Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 18.32.43.png

    $1 for 100.000 input tokens
    $3 for 100.000 output tokens

    @crazycells your figures don’t seem to match the video?

    Don’t you mean $1 for 1,000? 🤔

  • @crazycells your figures don’t seem to match the video?

    Don’t you mean $1 for 1,000? 🤔

    @phenomlab oh no, that is 1 cent on the video, but you are right, symbols are similar… I just converted it to $1 , since it is more intuitive in daily life…


Related Topics
  • What’s going on with NodeBB?

    Performance nodebb script die
    20
    8 Votes
    20 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay The most reliable way to upgrade Node.js on Ubuntu depends on how you originally installed it. Method 1: Using NVM (Recommended) If you already use Node Version Manager (NVM), upgrading is simple. NVM allows you to keep both versions and switch between them if needed. Install Node 22: nvm install 22 Switch to Node 22: nvm use 22 Set it as your default: nvm alias default 22 Verify the change: node -v Method 2: Using NodeSource (PPA) If you installed Node.js via apt using the NodeSource repository, you need to update the repository script to point to the new version. Remove the old NodeSource list (optional but cleaner): sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list Download and run the NodeSource setup script for Node 22: curl -fsSL [https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x](https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x) | sudo -E bash - Install/Upgrade Node.js: sudo apt-get install -y nodejs Verify the installation: node -v Method 3: Using the ‘n’ Package If you have npm installed, you can use the n interactive manager. Clear the npm cache: sudo npm cache clean -f Install the ‘n’ helper: sudo npm install -g n Install Node 22: sudo n 22 Update your shell: hash -r Troubleshooting Permission Denied: If you see permission errors using Method 2 or 3, ensure you are using sudo. Path Issues: If node -v still shows version 20 after upgrading via NVM, restart your terminal or run source ~/.bashrc. Conflicts: Avoid mixing these methods. If you switch from apt to nvm, it is best to sudo apt remove nodejs first to avoid path conflicts.
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    569 Views
    No one has replied
  • What is this bar called?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    92
    1
    36 Votes
    92 Posts
    37k Views
    This is good
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • nodebb loading emojis

    Solved Configure nodebb emojis
    16
    1
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version. You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.
  • NodeBB v3 and Harmony Theme

    Discussion nodebb theme
    22
    13 Votes
    22 Posts
    11k Views
    Been playing with the user profile page this afternoon. Thought I’d post a video as I’m really pleased with how this came out profile-screen-capture.webm
  • [NodeBB] Import custom Font

    Solved Customisation custom fonts nodebb css
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay you’ll need to define this in the body tag (or another element if you want greater or more granular targets) - for example body { font-family: "Poppins"; font-size: 16px; } Essentially, you use the font-size CSS directive.
  • [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

    Solved Customisation
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @jac are you using Custom ? Sure am mate Confirmed Fixed