Skip to content

Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB

Solved Customisation
25 3 9.7k 1

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • External Links - New Window

    Solved Customisation nodebb links settings
    8
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Sampo2910 search the forum here for ogproxy which is the client side version of that plugin I wrote. It’s in use here on this forum.
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • nodebb-plugin-custom-pages

    Solved Customisation plugin custom-pages
    5
    2
    3 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    @DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired. Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?
  • Smart Widgets

    Solved Configure nodebb
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda said in Smart Widgets: So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object? It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train
  • Error install plugin

    Solved Customisation plugin nodebb
    8
    1
    1 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    @pobojmoks Not WP plugin but nodeBB but it a known bug
  • 2 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @DownPW We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ? Yes, this is by far the safest I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems. It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)
  • NodeBB templates

    Locked Chitchat themes templates nodebb
    12
    4 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    Placing this here for reference https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher Further information and posts can be found at this link
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.