Skip to content

background color of the footer area

Solved Customisation
7 3 3.5k 1
  • How can I change the background color of the footer area?

    we have forum-stats widget, social media links and “powered by NodeBB” label at the bottom as “global footer widgets”. We would like to change the color of this background (whole this footer area from right to left)

    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.06.17 PM.png

  • @crazycells Can you provide me access to your site (details over PM obviously) so I can look at this ? I have an idea as to how this should work, but would like to see how you have it working now.

    @phenomlab For your footers, I changed to

    div class="row text-center adjust">
    

    For the “Powered by…” I changed this to

    <div class="row pad-10 text-center adjust">
    

    And finally, added a new class

    .row.text-center.adjust {
        margin-left: -30px;
        margin-right: -30px;
    }
    

    At the top of your custom CSS

    24169304-5dc7-47ca-b143-26e9d9ef2fd8-image.png

    Reload your page and have a look 🙂

    f3154da1-4da3-447a-a169-e57c82f022cb-image.png

    The class of row exists already (part of Bootstrap) and .row.text-center.adjust is explicit and will only apply to that code

  • How can I change the background color of the footer area?

    we have forum-stats widget, social media links and “powered by NodeBB” label at the bottom as “global footer widgets”. We would like to change the color of this background (whole this footer area from right to left)

    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.06.17 PM.png

    @crazycells from what I currently see, this is a custom HTML widget added directly below the forum-stats widget ?

    7e12893c-e0e4-404e-b3b5-cfaee242d0c1-image.png

    As this appears outside of the row element from the stats widget, it won’t automatically inherit the space you desire. The way to fix this would typically be with classes and CSS. Can you provide the code you’ve used for this ?

    Thanks

  • Or just play with transparent color and font-color maybe :

    ef0dc066-8d1a-4201-9819-1347f343a031-image.png

    but @phenomlab is always right 😉

  • @crazycells from what I currently see, this is a custom HTML widget added directly below the forum-stats widget ?

    7e12893c-e0e4-404e-b3b5-cfaee242d0c1-image.png

    As this appears outside of the row element from the stats widget, it won’t automatically inherit the space you desire. The way to fix this would typically be with classes and CSS. Can you provide the code you’ve used for this ?

    Thanks

    @phenomlab thanks. I need all footer region (from left side to right side) to be the same color, the current form of the site is just experiments 😄

    Do you think it is possible to easily add a “custom global footer” to the nodebb? I could move the links there… (I am OK with leaving the forum-stats widget outside of this custom footer region)

    Here is the code I am using currently:

    //footer color modifications start
    .forum-stats {
        .row {
        background-color: #085EAC;
        }
    
        h2 {
            color: #eceff1;
        
            small {
            color: #eceff1;
            }
            
        }
    }
    
    
    [data-widget-area="footer"] {    
        .text-center {
            background-color: #085EAC;
        
            a {
                color: #eceff1;
            }        
        }
    }
    //footer color modifications end
    

    This is what I am trying to achieve:

    Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.40.59 AM.png

  • @phenomlab thanks. I need all footer region (from left side to right side) to be the same color, the current form of the site is just experiments 😄

    Do you think it is possible to easily add a “custom global footer” to the nodebb? I could move the links there… (I am OK with leaving the forum-stats widget outside of this custom footer region)

    Here is the code I am using currently:

    //footer color modifications start
    .forum-stats {
        .row {
        background-color: #085EAC;
        }
    
        h2 {
            color: #eceff1;
        
            small {
            color: #eceff1;
            }
            
        }
    }
    
    
    [data-widget-area="footer"] {    
        .text-center {
            background-color: #085EAC;
        
            a {
                color: #eceff1;
            }        
        }
    }
    //footer color modifications end
    

    This is what I am trying to achieve:

    Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.40.59 AM.png

    @crazycells Can you provide me access to your site (details over PM obviously) so I can look at this ? I have an idea as to how this should work, but would like to see how you have it working now.

  • @crazycells Can you provide me access to your site (details over PM obviously) so I can look at this ? I have an idea as to how this should work, but would like to see how you have it working now.

    @phenomlab For your footers, I changed to

    div class="row text-center adjust">
    

    For the “Powered by…” I changed this to

    <div class="row pad-10 text-center adjust">
    

    And finally, added a new class

    .row.text-center.adjust {
        margin-left: -30px;
        margin-right: -30px;
    }
    

    At the top of your custom CSS

    24169304-5dc7-47ca-b143-26e9d9ef2fd8-image.png

    Reload your page and have a look 🙂

    f3154da1-4da3-447a-a169-e57c82f022cb-image.png

    The class of row exists already (part of Bootstrap) and .row.text-center.adjust is explicit and will only apply to that code

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on
  • @phenomlab For your footers, I changed to

    div class="row text-center adjust">
    

    For the “Powered by…” I changed this to

    <div class="row pad-10 text-center adjust">
    

    And finally, added a new class

    .row.text-center.adjust {
        margin-left: -30px;
        margin-right: -30px;
    }
    

    At the top of your custom CSS

    24169304-5dc7-47ca-b143-26e9d9ef2fd8-image.png

    Reload your page and have a look 🙂

    f3154da1-4da3-447a-a169-e57c82f022cb-image.png

    The class of row exists already (part of Bootstrap) and .row.text-center.adjust is explicit and will only apply to that code

    @phenomlab thank you very much 🙂


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!

    Moved Solved General nodebb
    4
    2
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda said in Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!: Ah, so sidebar wont work on mobile? Correct. If you review the docs on bootstrap, you’ll notice that it is designed on a grid system https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/layout/grid/ What I mean by changing the category is moving it on here to general as you posted it in bugs, when it isn’t.
  • Why CSS acts different in Desktop?

    Bugs nodebb
    11
    4 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    @DownPW I’d have to agree with that.
  • adding some console.log to Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    4
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try node app.js > app.log 2>&1 This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout. I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log. Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.
  • Changing Background on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation background image nodebb
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed; Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored. More info around the background property can be found here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php
  • ineffecient use of space on mobile

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    10
    2
    7 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab Thanks
  • 2 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @DownPW We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ? Yes, this is by far the safest I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems. It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)
  • NodeBB Footer

    Solved Customisation footer nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer: @jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly Thanks pal