Skip to content

Opening links in nodebb widget

Solved Configure
  • @phenomlab the convo we started on nodebb forum, I thought to continue it here.
    Still having the issue of links not loading often in widgets
    Have you been able to take a look?

• A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below

<iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe>

This works first time every time on your site as intended.

• @Panda not yet, will do so later. For continuity, can you provide the code here that you want to use?

• @phenomlab yes, its just a quiz.

<script src="https://www.classmarker.com/public/js/embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" data-quiz="gag66aea7922f0a5" data-width="700" data-height="800" ></script>

The fact this is so problematic makes me wonder if something should be built into the widget code in nodebb to sort whatever the timing issue is, that causes loading to fail

• @Panda I’ll test this and revert. Will get back to you later.

• @Panda It’s not caused by NodeBB, but the way you are calling the URL - see the error message below reported in the console

embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:7  Uncaught TypeError: Failed to construct 'URL': Invalid URL
        at __createIframe (embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:7:80)
        at load (embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:3:100)
        at embed-classmarker-1.0.0.js?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5:1:1

• A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below

<iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe>

This works first time every time on your site as intended.

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • TNG + Nodebb

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@Madchatthew said in TNG + Nodebb:

you have to try and use duck tape and super glue to change something to make it do what you want it to do

I couldn’t have put that better myself.

• Where are widgets stored?

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you

• Further Widgets question

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.

• NodeBB: Upgrading to NodeBB v3.x

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@mventures You’d need to connect to the server and execute it directly - not on your local terminal. Review the guide below, which will show you how to gain access via SSH to your server

https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/dedicated/ssh-introduction/

Once you have access, you’ll need to navigate to the actual folder where NodeBB is installed

You’ll then need to change to the directory as shown below

/home/unbuntu/nodebb

fdffe673-bf63-4b6d-a728-5506fddc1aff-image.png

In most cases, initial access takes you to the root of the file system. You can always issue pwd in a Linux terminal which will show you the Present Working Directory. From there, you can issue the command

cd /home/ubuntu/nodebb

Once in the NodeBB directory, you’d use the below commands

./nodebb stop git fetch && git checkout develop && git reset --hard origin/develop ./nodebb upgrade ./nodebb start

Line 1 stops the NodeBB instance
    Line 2 gets the latest files from GIT (repository) and then checks out the development branch. It then resets the version you are using to the development branch ready for v3
    Line 3 Runs the upgrade once the new branch is set, and code pulled
    Line 4 Restarts the NodeBB instance after the upgrade has completed

Note that when you restart NodeBB and log back in, things will look very different to what you had in v2.

• Changing Background on NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS

background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed;

Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored.

More info around the background property can be found here

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php

• Link vs Refresh

Solved Customisation
    8 Votes
    20 Posts
    1k Views

@pobojmoks Do you see any errors being reported in the console ? At first guess (without seeing the actual code or the site itself), I’d say that this is AJAX callback related

• NodeBB 1.19.3

Solved Performance
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    3k Views

@phenomlab

I find the problem Mark 😉

The error message indicated this path :

http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u

I change the path url on config.json

47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png

And all it’s good 🙂

Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3

But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin

EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup

For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok

• Iframely (Nodebb)

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.