Very great 😉

• Threaded chat support for NodeBB

Let's Build It
    19 Votes
    35 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW said in Threaded chat support for NodeBB:

Better like this : add shadow and border-left on self answer

Of course - you style to your own requirements and taste 🙂 I’ll commit that CSS we discussed yesterday also

• Smart Widgets

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda said in Smart Widgets:

So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object?

It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train 🙂

• 11 Votes
    14 Posts

@dave1904 excellent news. Thanks for the feedback

• optional "snow falling" theme

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    6 Posts

@Sala ok, but that’s still the same loop which is going to have an impact on the CPU.

• Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place.

Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API.

https://hostrisk.com/

• nodebb dropdown menu

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    5 Posts

@phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu:

@kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site

aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png

Which presents this

77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png

Very interesting…

I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum.

Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.