Skip to content

Fixed background to nodebb forum

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • Following the API docs but its not clear ...

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.

• Composer options on nodebb

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console

3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png

a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png

That should then expose the element once selected

89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png

Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided.

.composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • NodeBB: hCaptcha

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    15 Posts

@mventures none that I know of. I don’t recall selecting these either for mine.

• who is read NodeBB

Customisation
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@cagatay You should ask in the NodeBB forums. Perhaps reference this post

https://discuss.flarum.org/d/23066-who-read

• Top Ranked Forums

Chitchat
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• [NodeBB] greeting message

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here

https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358

• Forum not loading

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab Brilliant!!

Thanks ever so much!! 🙂

Now I need to try pull in new members ❓ 😛

• Iframely (Nodebb)

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.