Skip to content

What is this bar called?

Solved Customisation
92 3 37.3k 1
  • I thought something was missing… 🙂

    I totally understand. Very tired me too at the moment and like you a lot of work provided between my job and the one done outside on PW

  • I thought something was missing… 🙂

    I totally understand. Very tired me too at the moment and like you a lot of work provided between my job and the one done outside on PW

    @DownPW said in What is this bar called?:

    I totally understand. Very tired me too at the moment and like you a lot of work provided between my job and the one done outside on PW

    Yes, that’s exactly the problem. Work is very demanding and has to come first, so I fit this (Sudonix) in whenever I can - often late into evenings and it’s easy to make even the simplest of mistakes 😄

  • All - i found some bugs in the previous code that was posted, and have rectified the error. Please replace any code you are using with the revised version.

  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

    @DownPW That must be some sort custom CSS. I can’t reproduce that here. ,

  • odd, no problem on desktop, just smartphone

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

    @DownPW I’d put that CSS back. It’s set like that for a reason, so you’ll need to be more specific with the target so you can unset.

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

    @DownPW what I mean is target from higher above so the CSS you apply to the end target is not the same as an existing element.

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

    @DownPW progress bar.

  • @phenomlab

    I just tested by deleting all the custom CSS code and keeping only the following CSS code

    #pageUp {
      display: inline-block;
      background: var(--bs-body-component-active);
      width: 50px;
      height: 50px;
      text-align: center;
      border-radius: 0.375rem;
      position: fixed;
      bottom: 70px;
      right: 80px;
      transition: background-color .3s, opacity .5s, visibility .5s;
      opacity: 0;
      visibility: hidden;
    }
    #pageUp.show {
      opacity: 1;
      visibility: visible;
      z-index: 10000;
      color: var(--bs-body-navbar-color) !important;
    }
    a#pageUp.show:hover {
      background: var(--bs-dropdown-link-hover-bg);
      border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
    }
    a#pageUp i {
        position: absolute;
        top: 32%;
        left: 35%;
    }
    .reading-meter {
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        right: 0;
        height: 2px !important;
    }
     
    div#readingposition {
        background-color: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
        color: var(--bs-body-color) !important;
        height: 2px;
        z-index: 1000;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress {
        border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
        width: 100%;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-background {
        background: var(--bs-body-bg);
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress-bar {
        background: var(--bs-progress-bg-bar);
        height: 2px;
    }
    input#percentage {
        display: none;
    }
     
    @media (max-width: 767px) {
        #pageUp {
            bottom: 60px;
            right: 30px;
          }
        }
     
     
     
     /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    There is clearly a conflict between his 2 codes.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

    @DownPW this is the point I was trying to make about custom CSS.

  • @phenomlab

    I have find, it’s a zoom problem :

    If we zoom in on a page like the home page, even a tiny zoom invisible to the naked eye (which was my case), we end up with the bug described above.

    Solution: zoomed out to maximum

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

    @DownPW Let me have a look.

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

    @DownPW I am able to reproduce this, yes. There are some CSS classes missing

    .reading-meter {
        visibility: hidden;
    }
    .reading-meter.show {
        visibility: visible;
    }
    

    I’ve added these on your DEV server and updated the original post. Sorry 😕


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @kadir-ay-0 marking as resolved based on https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17109/manual-build-a-night-mode-for-harmony/5 Please do not raise requests in two places - here and the NodeBB forums. All this does is create unnecessary load for both parties.
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Issues with Progress Bar on v3

    Solved Customisation
    48
    1
    14 Votes
    48 Posts
    18k Views
    @Panda You could use the below .page-topic .pagination-block.ready { display: none; }
  • Footer bar add center text

    Solved Customisation css
    41
    1
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    17k Views
    @phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text: div#console-nav-tab Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem
  • Plugin reaction Bug

    Solved Customisation plugin nodebb reaction
    15
    1
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW That was going to be my next suggestion
  • what does sound/mute button do?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    20
    1
    9 Votes
    20 Posts
    5k Views
    @crazycells Yeah, looking at the plugin itself, that’s a hard coded limit [image: 1653494282106-3d6dbc10-185b-4102-9470-0c2731a10750-image.png] I’ll probably remove that… eventually…
  • Fontawesome 5

    Unsolved Customisation fonts css nodebb
    14
    1 Votes
    14 Posts
    5k Views
    @pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?
  • Reading Meter Progress bar

    Locked Solved Customisation css
    15
    1
    9 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    For anyone else following this thread, please see https://sudonix.com/topic/467/issues-with-progress-bar-on-v3