Skip to content

Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

Bugs
  • I made post on NodeBB community under the Bug thread: about not being able to adjust or save repuation related action values in admin>settings>reputation
    It wont accept any less than zero anywhere.
    The reply was to raise a bug issue on github which I did.
    However I note in my console log I get errors:
    error loading admin/settings/reputation
    Error: Cannot find module ‘./settings/reputation’
    Its as if its looking for a file thats not in my set up?

Can a bug this fundemental really still exist for everyone?
    If anyone could try adjusting a setting on your admin panel,
    E.g minimum reputation needed to chat -1
    will yours save the page with any negative value in any field?

• Just an update,
    it looks like a fix has been added for this issue (for 3.2.0 milestone), it has “the regression label” on the fix,
    What does Regression label mean in this context?
    When likely can I upgrade to the mentioned 3.2.0 ?

• @Panda I don’t see this as a bug to be fair. Why would you set a negative value on any of these when 0 would suffice?

• @phenomlab because if you have a forum (like political) where people have different opinions and may downvote a response, just being at a negative rep shouldnt necessarily block someone from all features.
    This wouldnt apply on a page like this where people only upvote others, Im thinking in the case of a more volatile or debating forum

Of course one option would be to remove downvoting, which seems to be the case on sudonix 🙂
    Anyway it used to work, and suddenly broke. I figured out thats what the Regression tag means!

• @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services.

And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.

• 3 Votes
    4 Posts

@crazycells said in CSS code customization for the link preview plugin:

does OGProxy show the pdf previews as well?

Not yet, but it could with a bit of additional code.

• nodebb error logs

Bugs
    4 Votes
    6 Posts

I just wanted to ask because I don’t have much knowledge about the new installation.
    Thank you for the explanatory answer.

• NodeBB upgrade now cant post

Solved Bugs
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.

• 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    4k Views

@DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of

[component="topic/quickreply/container"]

However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled

aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png

It will then work

7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png

For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component.

The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on 🙂

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 13 Votes
    21 Posts
    2k Views

@pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

In essence, the below should work

$(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • Fontawesome 5

Unsolved Customisation
    1 Votes
    14 Posts

@pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• 7 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab thank you very much 🙂