Skip to content

Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

Bugs
5 2 1.7k 1
  • I made post on NodeBB community under the Bug thread: about not being able to adjust or save repuation related action values in admin>settings>reputation
    It wont accept any less than zero anywhere.
    The reply was to raise a bug issue on github which I did.
    However I note in my console log I get errors:
    error loading admin/settings/reputation
    Error: Cannot find module ‘./settings/reputation’
    Its as if its looking for a file thats not in my set up?

    Can a bug this fundemental really still exist for everyone?
    If anyone could try adjusting a setting on your admin panel,
    E.g minimum reputation needed to chat -1
    will yours save the page with any negative value in any field?

  • Just an update,
    it looks like a fix has been added for this issue (for 3.2.0 milestone), it has “the regression label” on the fix,
    What does Regression label mean in this context?
    When likely can I upgrade to the mentioned 3.2.0 ?

  • Just an update,
    it looks like a fix has been added for this issue (for 3.2.0 milestone), it has “the regression label” on the fix,
    What does Regression label mean in this context?
    When likely can I upgrade to the mentioned 3.2.0 ?

    @Panda I don’t see this as a bug to be fair. Why would you set a negative value on any of these when 0 would suffice?

  • @Panda I don’t see this as a bug to be fair. Why would you set a negative value on any of these when 0 would suffice?

    @phenomlab because if you have a forum (like political) where people have different opinions and may downvote a response, just being at a negative rep shouldnt necessarily block someone from all features.
    This wouldnt apply on a page like this where people only upvote others, Im thinking in the case of a more volatile or debating forum

    Of course one option would be to remove downvoting, which seems to be the case on sudonix 🙂
    Anyway it used to work, and suddenly broke. I figured out thats what the Regression tag means!

  • @phenomlab because if you have a forum (like political) where people have different opinions and may downvote a response, just being at a negative rep shouldnt necessarily block someone from all features.
    This wouldnt apply on a page like this where people only upvote others, Im thinking in the case of a more volatile or debating forum

    Of course one option would be to remove downvoting, which seems to be the case on sudonix 🙂
    Anyway it used to work, and suddenly broke. I figured out thats what the Regression tag means!

    @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services.

    And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.


Related Topics
  • Nodebb 3.2.2

    Bugs nodebb 3.2.2
    27
    1
    11 Votes
    27 Posts
    10k Views
    @crazycells yes, I’ve just seen that and modified the post. It seems to only happen if you have a space between the “greater than” symbol and the actual text. Clearly a markdown thing.
  • Nodebb 3.2.0

    Bugs nodebb nodebb 3.2.0
    20
    1
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • NodeBB upgrade now cant post

    Solved Bugs nodebb
    5
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.
  • Email validation NodeBB

    Bugs nodebb
    21
    3 Votes
    21 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Email validation NodeBB: Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that? I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.
  • Header Menu After Upgrading V3.1.1

    Solved Customisation header nodebb
    2
    1
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay this relates to a change the css classes used for the brand header meaning it will now float to the left instead of right. If you’d like to retain the original behavior, you can add this css class [data-widget-area="brand-header"] { justify-content: end; display: flex; } Further information here https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17090/manual-build-a-custom-header-in-harmony/19?_=1684069325296
  • restarting nodebb on boot

    Unsolved Configure nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot: can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts? It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.
  • optional "snow falling" theme

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    6
    6 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Sala ok, but that’s still the same loop which is going to have an impact on the CPU.
  • NodeBB v3

    Announcements nodebb v3 nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.