Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • I will test without css, js, header and it’s the same 😞

  • I will test without css, js, header and it’s the same 😞

    @DownPW What plugins do you have installed ?

  • Active plugins:

        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2 (installed, enabled)
        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-user-level@1.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-beep@0.4.7 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-browsing-users@2.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-cards@0.3.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-dbsearch@5.1.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple@3.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-global-chat@2.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-iframely@0.7.16 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-imgur@2.0.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-mentions@3.0.11 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ns-embed@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-poll@2.0.6 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-question-and-answer@0.12.25 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-recent-cards@2.0.22 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone@1.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@2.2.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-twitter@0.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ws-dice@2.4.2 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-rewards-essentials@0.2.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-widget-essentials@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
    
  • Active plugins:

        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2 (installed, enabled)
        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-user-level@1.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-beep@0.4.7 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-browsing-users@2.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-cards@0.3.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-dbsearch@5.1.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple@3.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-global-chat@2.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-iframely@0.7.16 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-imgur@2.0.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-mentions@3.0.11 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ns-embed@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-poll@2.0.6 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-question-and-answer@0.12.25 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-recent-cards@2.0.22 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone@1.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@2.2.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-twitter@0.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ws-dice@2.4.2 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-rewards-essentials@0.2.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-widget-essentials@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
    

    @DownPW This is going to be painful, but it’s possible that one of these plugins is the cause. Have you tried disabling each one to see if the issue subsides ?

  • The last plugins we installed is the dice plugin, Iframely, and twitter, to be tested…

    Because the others are quite well known and I never noticed this bug with them, but I could be wrong.

  • The last plugins we installed is the dice plugin, Iframely, and twitter, to be tested…

    Because the others are quite well known and I never noticed this bug with them, but I could be wrong.

    @DownPW Hmm. You could use a simple jQuery function to replace that icon with the right one. Just seems a bit “overkill” but might be necessary

  • @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Hmm. You could use a simple jQuery function to replace that icon with the right one. Just seems a bit “overkill” but might be necessary

    why not, if you can write this query I’m not saying no, just to test

  • @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Hmm. You could use a simple jQuery function to replace that icon with the right one. Just seems a bit “overkill” but might be necessary

    why not, if you can write this query I’m not saying no, just to test

    @DownPW might be a bit greedy, but try this

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $(this).find($(".fa")).removeClass('fa-nbb-none').addClass('fa-commenting-o');
        });
    });
    
  • @phenomlab

    JS code seems not working but…

    I see on ACP, the image of category is uploaded to imgur :

    7ca2e670-4928-43d9-b1fd-530fae97c72a-image.png

    and I see this on dev console :

    b2321b44-7a73-4510-97b2-57fa73a096c9-image.png

    The url seems to not be encoded correctly, I don’t know why ???

    If I change manually the URL in the dev console, it’s OK:

    e7b51ef6-6b5f-48a7-9ed0-4d7e27d299fe-image.png

    d09b152a-a5fd-4243-b4d8-4d9287b07d47-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    JS code seems not working but…

    I see on ACP, the image of category is uploaded to imgur :

    7ca2e670-4928-43d9-b1fd-530fae97c72a-image.png

    and I see this on dev console :

    b2321b44-7a73-4510-97b2-57fa73a096c9-image.png

    The url seems to not be encoded correctly, I don’t know why ???

    If I change manually the URL in the dev console, it’s OK:

    e7b51ef6-6b5f-48a7-9ed0-4d7e27d299fe-image.png

    d09b152a-a5fd-4243-b4d8-4d9287b07d47-image.png

    @DownPW said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    The url seems to not be encoded correctly, I don’t know why ???

    Yes, that certainly seems the case. I think you need to take this issue up with the plugin developer.

  • @phenomlab

    the trick is to know which plugin is in question!!

  • @phenomlab

    the trick is to know which plugin is in question!!

    @DownPW sorry. I meant the imgur plugin author

  • @DownPW sorry. I meant the imgur plugin author

    @phenomlab

    hmmm I don’t thinks so because I have the same problem on NO PRODUCTION VM and I have this bug too without nodebb-imgur-plugin.

    I have test with a local url in public nodebb folder and it’s the same too

    I test to desactivate all plugin one by one for see at the moment

  • @phenomlab

    hmmm I don’t thinks so because I have the same problem on NO PRODUCTION VM and I have this bug too without nodebb-imgur-plugin.

    I have test with a local url in public nodebb folder and it’s the same too

    I test to desactivate all plugin one by one for see at the moment

    @DownPW let me know when your development server is available tomorrow and I’ll take a look at that code I provided previously

  • no problem I’m at home tomorrow all the day

    I’ll let you know if I find

  • @phenomlab

    I think it’s a nodebb issue, because with only one plugin and one theme activate :

    • nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
    • nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)

    Custom CSS, custom JS, custom Header and all custom widgets are disable…

    Result it’s the same, I have this bug.

    On your dev system, can you test to add a logo for a catégorie, delete the icon and test a new topic in this category ?

    I think you will have the same result.

    Let me know if you test too !

  • @phenomlab

    I think it’s a nodebb issue, because with only one plugin and one theme activate :

    • nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
    • nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)

    Custom CSS, custom JS, custom Header and all custom widgets are disable…

    Result it’s the same, I have this bug.

    On your dev system, can you test to add a logo for a catégorie, delete the icon and test a new topic in this category ?

    I think you will have the same result.

    Let me know if you test too !

    @DownPW did you delete the icon ? I’m wondering if this creates an orphaned reference to an icon which of course can’t be read.

  • yes off course I delete it
    because if Idon’t delete the icon, she appears on bubble 🙂

    Open issue here:

    https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/10896

    If I not delete icon, she’s appear but not the image :

    3b93ffe1-e68b-4f78-aa67-fba0f1351c24-image.png

  • The issue is closed @phenomlab

    It’s a nodebb bug. Fixed in 2.5.3 milestone 😉

  • The issue is closed @phenomlab

    It’s a nodebb bug. Fixed in 2.5.3 milestone 😉

    @DownPW Yes, I saw that. Caused by regression from what I see.

    Thanks


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @kadir-ay-0 marking as resolved based on https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17109/manual-build-a-night-mode-for-harmony/5 Please do not raise requests in two places - here and the NodeBB forums. All this does is create unnecessary load for both parties.
  • 2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @dave1904 I’d start by adding a console.log function to hookData so you can see what is being returned return hookData; console.log(hookData):
  • The best css to customize our logo?

    Solved Customisation css
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    @Sala This should look better .sidenav .navbar-brand { padding-top: 0.5rem; padding-bottom: 0.5rem; } [image: 1669026666905-e5cec20e-be36-4ee8-9129-fd11ad4656ac-image.png] You can increase the top and bottom padding by increasing the values above.
  • New message CSS problem

    Unsolved Customisation css
    11
    1
    2 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    @DownPW hi. Sorry for digging up an old post, but I’m going through items still unresolved and was looking to get an understanding of where you are currently with this?
  • Detect if user is admin

    General nodebb javascript code
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @pwsincd I think you can use userData.isAdmin = isAdmin; if I’m not mistaken - see https://community.nodebb.org/topic/15128/how-to-hide-whitelist-user-field-only-to-owner-or-admin?_=1648802303112 for an example
  • 4 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW done
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.