Skip to content

Recent Cards plugin customization

Solved Customisation
21 3 10.8k 1
  • @crazycells Dark mode shouldn’t have any impact - can you provide a URL where I can see this ?

    @phenomlab Yes, I see the issue. It’s because of lazy CSS classes meaning this below will override everything else when body.lights-out is appended to the existing CSS class.

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        background-color: #2E2E2E;
        border: #848484;
    }
    

    You should be able to work around that by adding this into your custom CSS

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        border: 1px solid #848484;
    }
    

    b1dbdcde-f723-4446-b3c8-3f4f4d6856fb-image.png

    Let me know how you get on.

  • @phenomlab Yes, I see the issue. It’s because of lazy CSS classes meaning this below will override everything else when body.lights-out is appended to the existing CSS class.

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        background-color: #2E2E2E;
        border: #848484;
    }
    

    You should be able to work around that by adding this into your custom CSS

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        border: 1px solid #848484;
    }
    

    b1dbdcde-f723-4446-b3c8-3f4f4d6856fb-image.png

    Let me know how you get on.

    @phenomlab Yes, I found the lines and fixed them 😄

    Thank you very much. Since the recent card plugin-related codes are not included in the night mode plugin; we have previously added some custom codes for recent cards… Apparently, those codes were creating the problem. Now, it is fixed 👍

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on
  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on
  • hi @phenomlab , somehow recent cards are not clickable in my forum after using these codes, however, it works fine here…

    Normally, when I click a card it takes me to that topic, however, nothing happens now.

    I use this CSS:

    
    li.col-md-3.col-sm-6.col-xs-12.recent-card-container {
        width: 290px !important;
    }
    

    this JS code:

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "border-color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });
    
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
       var categoryColor = $('[role="presentation"].icon').css("background-color");
                    $('li.topic-owner-post:nth-child(1)').css('border-color', categoryColor);
        });
    });
    
    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    and this header:

    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js" integrity="sha512-894YE6QWD5I59HgZOGReFYm4dnWc1Qt5NtvYSaNcOP+u1T9qYdvdihz0PPSiiqn/+/3e7Jo4EaG7TubfWGUrMQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
    <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/bxslider/4.2.12/jquery.bxslider.min.js"></script>
    
  • hi @phenomlab , somehow recent cards are not clickable in my forum after using these codes, however, it works fine here…

    Normally, when I click a card it takes me to that topic, however, nothing happens now.

    I use this CSS:

    
    li.col-md-3.col-sm-6.col-xs-12.recent-card-container {
        width: 290px !important;
    }
    

    this JS code:

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "border-color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });
    
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
       var categoryColor = $('[role="presentation"].icon').css("background-color");
                    $('li.topic-owner-post:nth-child(1)').css('border-color', categoryColor);
        });
    });
    
    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    and this header:

    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js" integrity="sha512-894YE6QWD5I59HgZOGReFYm4dnWc1Qt5NtvYSaNcOP+u1T9qYdvdihz0PPSiiqn/+/3e7Jo4EaG7TubfWGUrMQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
    <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/bxslider/4.2.12/jquery.bxslider.min.js"></script>
    

    @crazycells Strange. Are there any errors appearing in the console at your end ? When I look at the console itself, I see

    0a1b4841-6da4-4809-958e-4636441ada61-image.png

    However, this doesn’t seem to have any impact on the recent cards - the links appear to work fine. I think this may be a caching issue at your end ?

  • @crazycells Strange. Are there any errors appearing in the console at your end ? When I look at the console itself, I see

    0a1b4841-6da4-4809-958e-4636441ada61-image.png

    However, this doesn’t seem to have any impact on the recent cards - the links appear to work fine. I think this may be a caching issue at your end ?

    @phenomlab hmm, I tried on different browsers with iPhone.

    First of all, when I delete this code:

    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    then, everything is normal, cards are clickable but of course, sliding does not work.

    However, when I activate it, I could not click the cards on Safari, but it was working on Firefox. I can slide the cards on both browsers by the way.

    So, I guess like Google Chrome, Safari has its own problems with this sliding application?

  • I forgot to write… I do not see any errors on the console.

  • @phenomlab hmm, I tried on different browsers with iPhone.

    First of all, when I delete this code:

    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    then, everything is normal, cards are clickable but of course, sliding does not work.

    However, when I activate it, I could not click the cards on Safari, but it was working on Firefox. I can slide the cards on both browsers by the way.

    So, I guess like Google Chrome, Safari has its own problems with this sliding application?

    @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

  • @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

    @phenomlab said in Recent Cards plugin customization:

    @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

    with this change, in both Safari and Firefox browsers, I can click the cards and go to the topics, however sliding does not work.

  • @phenomlab said in Recent Cards plugin customization:

    @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

    with this change, in both Safari and Firefox browsers, I can click the cards and go to the topics, however sliding does not work.

    @crazycells yes, unsurprising as they both use the webkit CSS rendering engine. This will be the same bug I reference earlier that affects Google Chrome. Not much that can be done sadly.

  • @pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

    In essence, the below should work

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });
    
  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 3 Votes
    1 Posts
    973 Views
    No one has replied
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • Threaded post support for NodeBB

    Let's Build It threading nodebb
    146
    3
    50 Votes
    146 Posts
    104k Views
    Updated git for above change https://github.com/phenomlab/nodebb-harmony-threading/commit/14a4e277521d83d219065ffb14154fd5f5cfac69
  • Where are widgets stored?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab Thanks, have DMed you
  • How to downgrade plugin version on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation downgrade nodebb
    11
    3 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay no problems
  • Plugin Install Error

    Solved Customisation plugin error discord
    6
    1
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @Sampo2910 no problems. Happy to help. Just remember that this particular method isn’t the best in the sense that it may not get update notifications. The general recommendation here would be to move back to the official npm repo as soon as the GitHub version has been merged. For the meantime, it’ll work fine though.
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.
  • NodeBB Discord Plugins

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb discord plugin
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    @RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?