What brought you here?

General

Related Topics
  • Sudonix and fediverse

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    16 Posts

@Panda said in Sudonix and fediverse:

Federation will have huge advantages, especially for starting off forums that would otherwise be quiet, because it can bring in posts from similar sites to increase content.

Can’t say I agree with this statement. To me, if I visit a new forum, I’d much rather be viewing original content rather than that which I can easily consume elsewhere. I understand that new forums are often empty with not much content, but the growth needs to be organic rather than ingested from elsewhere to make it look busy.

Using RSS feeds to pull in content from remote sites is fine as long as you use it for reading reference and create a discussion around the topic you are referring to (as I do with Sudonix), but absolutely pointless if you include the entire article and all associated responses - you may as well just visit the origin site instead.

Another issue is SEO and the impact duplicated content will have on your own forum when it comes to Google indexing your site. Duplicated content negatively impacts SEO and in addition, that same content may be proprietary meaning you need permission to include it on your site.

Potentially, it’s a legal minefield which should be treated with trepidation to ensure no copyright infringement takes place.

• Correct Categories

General
    2 Votes
    6 Posts

@Madchatthew No way - I want people to post here! That’s the point of this platform.

• What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

Solved General
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@Norrad Are you looking for anything in particular? I only ask because Sudonix uses a number of custom functions which I wrote, but all are available on GitHub and fully supported here.

• Is my Mongodb installation correct?

Solved General
    13 Votes
    27 Posts
    3k Views

yuuuuu.png

• Ubuntu Upgrade All Packages

Solved Linux
    3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab Upgraded, everything works 🙂

• Post Style View

Solved Customisation
    18 Votes
    67 Posts
    5k Views

@cagatay

Just add margin-left on the element like @phenomlab said to you :

topic [component="post/parent"] { margin-left: 10px; }

aa08c62b-4223-4cba-8c0f-c73d50474c0d-image.png

Maybe @phenomlab have a better way

• How to fix header side as boxed

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab yes it caused a problem for mobile users.
    thank you for helping …

• Nav Drop-down [Sudonix]

Moved Bugs
    1 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab said in Nav Drop-down [Sudonix]:

@jac Fixed

d2e5410b-fa82-4fc9-a861-7913d3c560ab-image.png

Thanks for reporting.

Thanks mate, not a problem 😁.