Skip to content

Bug Report

Solved Bugs
47 3 17.4k 1
  • @phenomlab yeap, it is fixed… somehow I was on the wrong theme… what is the theme that was loaded first? cache issue?

    @crazycells Yes - sorry. It’s because I’ve been changing the theme names so the old ones aren’t officially supported (as such - they have been renamed). If you are using light mode on your OS, then you’ll get the light theme (which you clearly have). Reloading forces the JS to reevaluate and select the right theme.

    Should have made an announcement about this. Sorry.

  • @crazycells Yes - sorry. It’s because I’ve been changing the theme names so the old ones aren’t officially supported (as such - they have been renamed). If you are using light mode on your OS, then you’ll get the light theme (which you clearly have). Reloading forces the JS to reevaluate and select the right theme.

    Should have made an announcement about this. Sorry.

    @phenomlab no problem at all 🙂 next time before reporting, I will refresh the page…

  • @crazycells Yes - sorry. It’s because I’ve been changing the theme names so the old ones aren’t officially supported (as such - they have been renamed). If you are using light mode on your OS, then you’ll get the light theme (which you clearly have). Reloading forces the JS to reevaluate and select the right theme.

    Should have made an announcement about this. Sorry.

    @phenomlab There is one thing I have to mention, yesterday I was checking sudonix as PWA (but my comment can be thought as related to general mobile design) and I realized that there is no easy way to go to /categories page… It is indirect through the category panel…

    If someone is accessing your website first time, I believe that is the page they would want to see to understand the general theme/aim of the forum… This is usually done either clicking the title or clicking the home icon…

    But for this website, they both direct you to the /recent page… I knew how to reach there since I use NodeBB daily but if I was outside user, I would struggle little bit 😄

    Of course, if everything is intentional, then there is no problem… I just wanted to bring this to your attention…

  • @phenomlab There is one thing I have to mention, yesterday I was checking sudonix as PWA (but my comment can be thought as related to general mobile design) and I realized that there is no easy way to go to /categories page… It is indirect through the category panel…

    If someone is accessing your website first time, I believe that is the page they would want to see to understand the general theme/aim of the forum… This is usually done either clicking the title or clicking the home icon…

    But for this website, they both direct you to the /recent page… I knew how to reach there since I use NodeBB daily but if I was outside user, I would struggle little bit 😄

    Of course, if everything is intentional, then there is no problem… I just wanted to bring this to your attention…

    @crazycells Good points. Thanks. I will review this.

  • @phenomlab There is one thing I have to mention, yesterday I was checking sudonix as PWA (but my comment can be thought as related to general mobile design) and I realized that there is no easy way to go to /categories page… It is indirect through the category panel…

    If someone is accessing your website first time, I believe that is the page they would want to see to understand the general theme/aim of the forum… This is usually done either clicking the title or clicking the home icon…

    But for this website, they both direct you to the /recent page… I knew how to reach there since I use NodeBB daily but if I was outside user, I would struggle little bit 😄

    Of course, if everything is intentional, then there is no problem… I just wanted to bring this to your attention…

    @crazycells hmm. Just looking at this and I do see what you mean but if you tap the category icon it should auto expand with the first option in the list being “All Categories” which will take you to /categories.

    In addition, it’s possible to change the default home page in your profile settings.

  • @crazycells hmm. Just looking at this and I do see what you mean but if you tap the category icon it should auto expand with the first option in the list being “All Categories” which will take you to /categories.

    In addition, it’s possible to change the default home page in your profile settings.

    @phenomlab yes I know, but that is “two clicks”… nowadays “two” is too much to get the main page 😄

    it is ok for me, I know how to navigate, but I was talking from a new user’s perspective (even unregistered one)… no need for any change if it is OK for you 🙂

  • @phenomlab yes I know, but that is “two clicks”… nowadays “two” is too much to get the main page 😄

    it is ok for me, I know how to navigate, but I was talking from a new user’s perspective (even unregistered one)… no need for any change if it is OK for you 🙂

    @crazycells yep. I get it! Good point.

  • @crazycells yep. I get it! Good point.

    Hi @phenomlab , upvote icon is better as a triangle, however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?) .

  • Hi @phenomlab , upvote icon is better as a triangle, however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?) .

    @crazycells hmm. Nice idea, but not that easy to implement unless there’s a hook that fires (not sure there is). Could be done with JS but that could be too the detriment of page loads and ajax calls.

  • @crazycells hmm. Nice idea, but not that easy to implement unless there’s a hook that fires (not sure there is). Could be done with JS but that could be too the detriment of page loads and ajax calls.

    @phenomlab I think in this case a custom CSS code suffice…

    we were using something like this:

    .topic [component="post/upvote"].upvoted {
        color: #085EAC;
    }
    
    .topic [component="post/upvote"].upvoted {
      border: 0px !important;
    }
    
    .topic [component="post/downvote"].downvoted {
            color: #EF4042;
    }
    
    .topic [component="post/downvote"].downvoted {
      border: 0px !important;
    }
    
    
  • @phenomlab I think in this case a custom CSS code suffice…

    we were using something like this:

    .topic [component="post/upvote"].upvoted {
        color: #085EAC;
    }
    
    .topic [component="post/upvote"].upvoted {
      border: 0px !important;
    }
    
    .topic [component="post/downvote"].downvoted {
            color: #EF4042;
    }
    
    .topic [component="post/downvote"].downvoted {
      border: 0px !important;
    }
    
    

    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler!

    EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS

    .upvoted i {
        color: var(--bs-user-level) !important;
    }
    

    This then yields

    3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png

    However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request

    however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Nodebb vs Wordpress vs Other

    General wordpress nodebb woocomerce business
    4
    5 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    PrestaShop + modules IA https://www.prestashop.com Magento https://developer.adobe.com/open/magento
  • NodeBB recent cards customisation

    Solved Customisation nodebb recent cards
    3
    1
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much for the assistance Mark, massively appreciated as always. The great thing about this is it’s all documented for other NodeBB users that come looking for solutions . Looks far better .
  • 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    825 Views
    No one has replied
  • fading in /tags page

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    32
    1
    30 Votes
    32 Posts
    12k Views
    Fix working perfectly
  • NodeBB 1.19.3

    Solved Performance nodebb 1.19.3 performance
    33
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab I find the problem Mark The error message indicated this path : http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u I change the path url on config.json [image: 1645128773854-47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png] And all it’s good Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3 But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok
  • FIXED: Annoying cosmetic bug on mobile view

    Moved Bugs bugs
    13
    3 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    And now, after all this time I finally discovered that the CSS I previously referenced was for something else - and used the same CSS name, so I’ve had to reinstate this block .tab-content { max-height: 0; padding: 0 2em; color: #898989; background: #eeeeee; transition: all 0.35s; margin-top: -5px; } And, add this below to make it more specific. .emoji-tabs .tab-content { height: 100%; max-height: 100%; padding: 0; margin: 0; }
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.
  • [NodeBB] Creating new user to auto post content

    Solved Customisation
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab many thanks Mark .