Skip to content

Difficult to move posts now, on mobile.

Bugs
16 3 4.8k 1

Related Topics
  • What’s going on with NodeBB?

    Performance nodebb script die
    20
    8 Votes
    20 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay The most reliable way to upgrade Node.js on Ubuntu depends on how you originally installed it. Method 1: Using NVM (Recommended) If you already use Node Version Manager (NVM), upgrading is simple. NVM allows you to keep both versions and switch between them if needed. Install Node 22: nvm install 22 Switch to Node 22: nvm use 22 Set it as your default: nvm alias default 22 Verify the change: node -v Method 2: Using NodeSource (PPA) If you installed Node.js via apt using the NodeSource repository, you need to update the repository script to point to the new version. Remove the old NodeSource list (optional but cleaner): sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list Download and run the NodeSource setup script for Node 22: curl -fsSL [https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x](https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x) | sudo -E bash - Install/Upgrade Node.js: sudo apt-get install -y nodejs Verify the installation: node -v Method 3: Using the ‘n’ Package If you have npm installed, you can use the n interactive manager. Clear the npm cache: sudo npm cache clean -f Install the ‘n’ helper: sudo npm install -g n Install Node 22: sudo n 22 Update your shell: hash -r Troubleshooting Permission Denied: If you see permission errors using Method 2 or 3, ensure you are using sudo. Path Issues: If node -v still shows version 20 after upgrading via NVM, restart your terminal or run source ~/.bashrc. Conflicts: Avoid mixing these methods. If you switch from apt to nvm, it is best to sudo apt remove nodejs first to avoid path conflicts.
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • fading in /tags page

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    32
    1
    30 Votes
    32 Posts
    12k Views
    Fix working perfectly
  • FIXED: Annoying cosmetic bug on mobile view

    Moved Bugs bugs
    13
    3 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    And now, after all this time I finally discovered that the CSS I previously referenced was for something else - and used the same CSS name, so I’ve had to reinstate this block .tab-content { max-height: 0; padding: 0 2em; color: #898989; background: #eeeeee; transition: all 0.35s; margin-top: -5px; } And, add this below to make it more specific. .emoji-tabs .tab-content { height: 100%; max-height: 100%; padding: 0; margin: 0; }
  • [NodeBB] username cards

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    8
    5 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab Aha…nice to know. As always thank you for the reply and information.
  • NodeBB metadata

    Solved Configure nodebb
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB metadata: @jac Are you sure ? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&sxsrf=AOaemvLwnaZL-PliU_2dBOg_Eo1pMVhBjg%3A1638982328139&source=hp&ei=uOKwYeatBcOsad3yp7AE&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYbDwyLBSDcG5XYoFCKwQFhgz94wTxOcV&ved=0ahUKEwjm6dX71NT0AhVDVhoKHV35CUYQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BAgjECc6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoFCAAQgAQ6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6BQgAELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDUABYySZg0CdoAHAAeACAAW2IAa0NkgEEMjMuMpgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz Fair enough 🤪🤪.
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.