Very good like always 😉

• Threaded chat support for NodeBB

Let's Build It
    19 Votes
    35 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW said in Threaded chat support for NodeBB:

Better like this : add shadow and border-left on self answer

Of course - you style to your own requirements and taste 🙂 I’ll commit that CSS we discussed yesterday also

• Fixed background to nodebb forum

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    25 Posts
    1k Views

@Panda said in Fixed background to nodebb forum:

Chatgpt told me the ::before method.

Go figure 😛

• NodeBB v3 and Harmony Theme

Discussion
    13 Votes
    22 Posts
    1k Views

Been playing with the user profile page this afternoon. Thought I’d post a video as I’m really pleased with how this came out

• Top Ranked Forums

Chitchat
    3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• Plugin reaction Bug

Solved Customisation
    0 Votes
    15 Posts

@DownPW That was going to be my next suggestion 🙂

• what does sound/mute button do?

Solved Customisation
    9 Votes
    20 Posts

@crazycells Yeah, looking at the plugin itself, that’s a hard coded limit

3d6dbc10-185b-4102-9470-0c2731a10750-image.png

I’ll probably remove that… eventually…

• is "night mode" shifting the forum several pixels up?

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. Good point. I actually use my own version of the dark mode plugin, so not entirely sure. However, I think the CSS is probably the same. I’m not at my PC currently but can check and advise later.