Skip to content

What is this bar called?

Solved Customisation
92 3 37.3k 1
  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

    @DownPW That must be some sort custom CSS. I can’t reproduce that here. ,

  • odd, no problem on desktop, just smartphone

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

    @DownPW I’d put that CSS back. It’s set like that for a reason, so you’ll need to be more specific with the target so you can unset.

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

    @DownPW what I mean is target from higher above so the CSS you apply to the end target is not the same as an existing element.

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

    @DownPW progress bar.

  • @phenomlab

    I just tested by deleting all the custom CSS code and keeping only the following CSS code

    #pageUp {
      display: inline-block;
      background: var(--bs-body-component-active);
      width: 50px;
      height: 50px;
      text-align: center;
      border-radius: 0.375rem;
      position: fixed;
      bottom: 70px;
      right: 80px;
      transition: background-color .3s, opacity .5s, visibility .5s;
      opacity: 0;
      visibility: hidden;
    }
    #pageUp.show {
      opacity: 1;
      visibility: visible;
      z-index: 10000;
      color: var(--bs-body-navbar-color) !important;
    }
    a#pageUp.show:hover {
      background: var(--bs-dropdown-link-hover-bg);
      border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
    }
    a#pageUp i {
        position: absolute;
        top: 32%;
        left: 35%;
    }
    .reading-meter {
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        right: 0;
        height: 2px !important;
    }
     
    div#readingposition {
        background-color: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
        color: var(--bs-body-color) !important;
        height: 2px;
        z-index: 1000;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress {
        border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
        width: 100%;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-background {
        background: var(--bs-body-bg);
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress-bar {
        background: var(--bs-progress-bg-bar);
        height: 2px;
    }
    input#percentage {
        display: none;
    }
     
    @media (max-width: 767px) {
        #pageUp {
            bottom: 60px;
            right: 30px;
          }
        }
     
     
     
     /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    There is clearly a conflict between his 2 codes.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

    @DownPW this is the point I was trying to make about custom CSS.

  • @phenomlab

    I have find, it’s a zoom problem :

    If we zoom in on a page like the home page, even a tiny zoom invisible to the naked eye (which was my case), we end up with the bug described above.

    Solution: zoomed out to maximum

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

    @DownPW Let me have a look.

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

    @DownPW I am able to reproduce this, yes. There are some CSS classes missing

    .reading-meter {
        visibility: hidden;
    }
    .reading-meter.show {
        visibility: visible;
    }
    

    I’ve added these on your DEV server and updated the original post. Sorry 😕

  • No problem my friend, I won’t complain 😉

  • I saw another bug.

    This bug occurs on the home page. No problem on recent page for example

    When you scroll down (to go to the bottom of the page) and then click on the button at the bottom right, it goes up automatically but the reading bar in the header does not disappear

    here a video :

    blink.gif

  • I saw another bug.

    This bug occurs on the home page. No problem on recent page for example

    When you scroll down (to go to the bottom of the page) and then click on the button at the bottom right, it goes up automatically but the reading bar in the header does not disappear

    here a video :

    blink.gif

    @DownPW thanks. Not sure why that happens - I’ve not noticed it before! Will check.


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • NodeBB v4.0.0

    General nodebb sudonix version 4
    28
    4 Votes
    28 Posts
    7k Views
    @Panda said in NodeBB v4.0.0: the workings of World aren’t intuitive Its not easy to get World populating when a forum is new to it This is a good point and one I’ve considered also. It’s a little confusing to be honest.
  • Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    18
    2
    7 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them. More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons. I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.
  • Footer bar add center text

    Solved Customisation css
    41
    1
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    17k Views
    @phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text: div#console-nav-tab Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem
  • How to fix size of photos & videos NodeBB

    Solved Customisation nodebb nodebb size
    7
    3 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells pleasure. Using percentages makes much more sense in this case. It’s the same argument with px vs pt vs em with fonts, margins, padding, etc., in the sense that em is generally preferred over px and pt https://stackoverflow.com/questions/609517/why-em-instead-of-px
  • 10 Votes
    23 Posts
    7k Views
    @DownPW sounds good.
  • Recent Cards plugin customization

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    21
    1
    13 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    @pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border In essence, the below should work $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • Reading Meter Progress bar

    Locked Solved Customisation css
    15
    1
    9 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    For anyone else following this thread, please see https://sudonix.com/topic/467/issues-with-progress-bar-on-v3
  • Nodebb Hashtag plugin

    Solved General
    15
    1 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @jac Great ! I’ll close this off.