Skip to content

Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
  • Of course, I am the same problem I have change the css class button on widget brand Header

except that I had an offset present on the brand header.

I did the same manipulations but I cannot remove this shift that we see on the screen.

Any idea how to remove this @phenomlab ?

Before :
    daed0cbc-7791-44eb-a1c1-28e4168051e4-image.png

After upgrade :

1d3ffc95-51eb-43f6-beef-df34161af0da-image.png

• @DownPW Is this on your live site, or development? I cannot see any issue?

EDIT - I see it on your DEV site. Not sure where the additional padding is coming from to be honest, but one quick “fix” would be to target this CSS

[type=button]:not(:disabled), [type=reset]:not(:disabled), [type=submit]:not(:disabled), button:not(:disabled)

And use this

[type=button]:not(:disabled), [type=reset]:not(:disabled), [type=submit]:not(:disabled), button:not(:disabled) {
        cursor: pointer;
        margin-top: 0.5rem;
        margin-bottom: 0.5rem;
    }

I think you may have added

button.btn.btn-ghost.btn-sm.d-flex.gap-2 {
        padding-top: 0.8rem;
    }

Although this isn’t very elegant as padding will in fact make the button much larger.

• yep in dev, always for test before upgrade prod 😉

@phenomlab said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

I think you may have added

}

Yep you’re right my friends.

But your method seems better :

[type=button]:not(:disabled), [type=reset]:not(:disabled), [type=submit]:not(:disabled), button:not(:disabled) {
    }

Thanks

EDIT : ha noooo your code broke the “Answer” Button

96be1a13-ad61-4065-b02d-4ef2b4a85b0c-image.png

keep for now this code

}

• @DownPW that’s because it’s targeting the button type. Just change the post button class.

• hmm sorry don’t understand

Edit :

like this maybe ?

.btn.btn-ghost.btn-sm:not(:disabled) {
    }

• @DownPW Yes, that will work fine. What I meant was that the original CSS I provided targets [type=button] so would impact all others on the page in addition to the intended target.

• @phenomlab i have some problems with my below items when selected this type of tree;

image.png

• @cagatay In your CSS, locate the block starting

.category-card .text-muted.timeago

And remove

margin-left: -180px;

• Mark hi,

I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates but mine is old one when we first set it up.

I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

Thank you for your helping.

• @cagatay

@cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates

I do update the CSS and JS here, but it’s not in line with NodeBB releases. All of the code I have written will work with prior releases, with the exception of Chat Threading, which requires a specific hook not present in some early versions. Again, this would still work, but not at full capacity.

mine is old one when we first set it up

It’s not “old” - it just isn’t the latest code. In fact, the code running on your website is not advertised anywhere else, so in fact, is newer than the Git links in this post.

I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

Possible, yes, but not yet. There are still some bugs in the code branch I’m using here, and I don’t want to introduce complexities into your installation - particularly when I know they exist, and you’d be left with issues that your users then have to put up with.

Related Topics
  • Nodebb design

Solved General
    1 Votes
    2 Posts

@Panda said in Nodebb design:

One negative is not being so good for SEO as more Server side rendered forums, if web crawlers dont run the JS to read the forum.

From recollection, Google and Bing have the capability to read and process JS, although it’s not in the same manner as a physical person will consume content on a page. It will be seen as plain text, but will be indexed. However, it’s important to note that Yandex and Baidu will not render JS, although seeing as Google has a 90% share of the content available on the web in terms of indexing, this isn’t something you’ll likely lose sleep over.

@Panda said in Nodebb design:

The “write api” is preferred for server-to-server interactions.

This is mostly based around overall security - you won’t typically want a client machine changing database elements or altering data. This is why you have “client-side” which could be DOM manipulation etc, and “server-side” which performs more complex operations as it can communicate directly with the database whereas the client cannot (and if it can, then you have a serious security flaw). Reading from the API is perfectly acceptable on the client-side, but not being able to write.

A paradigm here would be something like SNMP. This protocol exists as a UDP (UDP is very efficient, as it is “fire and forget” and does not wait for a response like TCP does) based service which reads performance data from a remote source, thus enabling an application to parse that data for use in a monitoring application. In all cases, SNMP access should be “RO” (Read Only) and not RW (Read Write). It is completely feasible to assume complete control over a firewall for example by having RW access to SNMP and then exposing it to the entire internet with a weak passphrase.

You wouldn’t do it (at least, I hope you wouldn’t) and the same ethic applies to server-side rendering and the execution of commands.

• What is this bar called?

Solved Customisation
    36 Votes
    92 Posts
    8k Views

This is good 👍

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• 11 Votes
    14 Posts

@dave1904 excellent news. Thanks for the feedback

• Theming support in Sudonix

Moved Announcements
    61 Votes
    41 Posts
    5k Views

@phenomlab said in Theming support in Sudonix:

I thought I’d better come by here with an update so everyone knows that the Swatch project isn’t abandoned, or has simply “gone cold”. In fact, quite the opposite.

I’ve setup a dev instance on my home network which I’m currently developing against. I’ll put some screenshots up soon, but the Swatch code is currently enjoying a rewrite. The great news is that you’ll get ten times the flexibility you have now meaning greater support for light themes, although the downside is that there isn’t that much backwards compatibility meaning some of my own themes even need to be completely redesigned.

However, this isn’t the end of the world. Once you’re familiar with the classes, it really doesn’t take long at all to create your own themes.

More to follow.

I’ll be putting together a video of what the revamped theme will look like very soon - just got some small issues to iron out, and code cleanup beforehand…

• background color of the footer area

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab thank you very much 🙂

• NodeBB Discord Plugins

Unsolved Customisation
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• Iframely (Nodebb)

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    3k Views

@DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.