Skip to content

www. Infront stops website access?

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • Bug Report

Solved Bugs
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    1k Views

@crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler!

EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS

.upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; }

This then yields

3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png

However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request

however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)

• Removing blue 'moved' tag from post

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    16 Posts

@phenomlab
    Ah, got it working!
    I reversed the CSS addition to put z index high, and then I could see another error box saying fork title must be at least 3 characters.
    So made the new fork title longer and button responded.

• 1 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW very useful tip. Thanks

• Podcast Share NodeBB

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    15 Posts

@cagatay You could experiment with nodebb-plugin-ns-embed but I expect the x-origin tag on the remote site to prevent playback.

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab
    Sorry to delay in responding, yes as i mentioned above, i had to remove my redis from docker and reinstall a new image with this command

docker run --name=redis -p 127.0.0.1:6379:6379 -d -t redis:alpine

and now when i test my ip and port on
    https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

the status of my redis port is closed. I think which to configure firewall in droplet digital ocean is a good idea too, and i will configure soon.
    Thanks for the help!

• Detect if user is admin

General
    0 Votes
    2 Posts

@pwsincd I think you can use userData.isAdmin = isAdmin; if I’m not mistaken - see
    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/15128/how-to-hide-whitelist-user-field-only-to-owner-or-admin?_=1648802303112 for an example

• NodeBB slow after DB recovery

Solved Performance
    5 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)