Skip to content

v3 & Harmony diary / thoughts / code snippets

Announcements

• Page control arrows for PWA

Solved Customisation
    25 Votes
    27 Posts

@crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems.

/** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android }

Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.

• 7 Votes
    8 Posts

@crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check.

EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right…

.bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; }

I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.

• 2 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this

d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png

The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text

• 6 Votes
    6 Posts

@Sala ok, but that’s still the same loop which is going to have an impact on the CPU.

• 5 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab

I love it too

@phenomlab said in Blinking text Effect:

Has that “broken neon light” look that you see in films.

It’s exactly that, kind of old neon signs of bar or pubs a bit cyberpunk too 😉

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • WordPress & NodeBB

Solved WordPress
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.

• 1 Votes
    9 Posts

It’s been a while since I checked in here. Plenty going on - mostly around rectifying small pockets of resistance between light and dark modes, plus the addition of new features such as an enhanced reputation system and the ability to create polls. Plus, there are several changes going on under the hood which are completely transparent to users or the operation of the platform.

However, some changes mean that the platform does need to be restarted for code changes to stick and function correctly. I tend to do this during non busy periods, but sometimes, it’s unfortunately inevitable. The good news is that in most cases, a full restart takes only 20 seconds.

More to come