Skip to content

[NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title

Solved Customisation
5 2 1.9k 1
  • Hello there 🤞

    I would like to automatically assign a label/or several (group title) for new users with a validated account

    2e2f8f97-74a2-42f8-9354-2dcfe39cbefb-image.png

    Like this all registered users will have at least one 🙂

    It’s possible to do that ?

    many thanks to the communauty 😉

  • @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title:

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    Ok thanks for your answer @phenomlab

    I will rather look for a plugin allowing me to do it because I don’t have time to develop this function.

    I’ll keep you posted on my research 😉

    – >In fact, all my users are already in a group called “all”

    What interests me the most is to automatically assign the group label in the user profile

    @DownPW

    Resolve 🙂

    since all users are in this group by default. I just had to put this group in non-private and check the display of the badge.

    By default, NodeBB displays the user’s default group label unless the user changes it himself

  • Hello there 🤞

    I would like to automatically assign a label/or several (group title) for new users with a validated account

    2e2f8f97-74a2-42f8-9354-2dcfe39cbefb-image.png

    Like this all registered users will have at least one 🙂

    It’s possible to do that ?

    many thanks to the communauty 😉

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

  • @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title:

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    Ok thanks for your answer @phenomlab

    I will rather look for a plugin allowing me to do it because I don’t have time to develop this function.

    I’ll keep you posted on my research 😉

    – >In fact, all my users are already in a group called “all”

    What interests me the most is to automatically assign the group label in the user profile

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab marked this topic as a regular topic on
  • @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title:

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    Ok thanks for your answer @phenomlab

    I will rather look for a plugin allowing me to do it because I don’t have time to develop this function.

    I’ll keep you posted on my research 😉

    – >In fact, all my users are already in a group called “all”

    What interests me the most is to automatically assign the group label in the user profile

    @DownPW

    Resolve 🙂

    since all users are in this group by default. I just had to put this group in non-private and check the display of the badge.

    By default, NodeBB displays the user’s default group label unless the user changes it himself

  • DownPWundefined DownPW marked this topic as a question on
  • DownPWundefined DownPW has marked this topic as solved on
  • @DownPW

    Resolve 🙂

    since all users are in this group by default. I just had to put this group in non-private and check the display of the badge.

    By default, NodeBB displays the user’s default group label unless the user changes it himself

    @DownPW very useful tip. Thanks


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • TNG + Nodebb

    General tng genealogy nodebb plugin
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Madchatthew said in TNG + Nodebb: you have to try and use duck tape and super glue to change something to make it do what you want it to do I couldn’t have put that better myself.
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • NodeBB socket with CloudFlare

    Solved Performance socket cloudflare nodebb
    24
    3 Votes
    24 Posts
    13k Views
    Solved. Tuto here and here
  • who is read NodeBB

    Customisation read post nodebb
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You should ask in the NodeBB forums. Perhaps reference this post https://discuss.flarum.org/d/23066-who-read
  • Changing Background on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation background image nodebb
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed; Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored. More info around the background property can be found here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php
  • [NODEBB] Stats

    Unsolved Customisation plugin stats script
    20
    1
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Stats: @jac or I land up fixing it I wouldn’t put it past you
  • NodeBB Discord Plugins

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb discord plugin
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    @RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?
  • WordPress & NodeBB

    Solved WordPress
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.