Skip to content

Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
  • On this page, I like the way the coloured Sudonix wheel rotates when you click on it !
    Is this a gif file?
    In my nodebb forum can I just upload a gif into the settings for forum logo to get a similar effect?

• @eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }
          }

@keyframes rotate0 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }
          }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo,
    img.forum-logo.head {
        max-height: 50px;
        width: auto;
        height: 30px;
        margin-top: 9px;
        max-width: 150px;
        min-width: 32px;
        display: inline-block;
        animation-name: rotate180, rotate0;
        animation-duration: 1000ms;
        animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms;
        animation-iteration-count: 1;
        animation-timing-function: linear;
        transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out;
    }

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • how to hide "moved" badge with CSS?

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@crazycells ah, I see. That makes sense.

• www. Infront stops website access?

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    10 Posts

@Panda because there is no match for the DNS entry specified. The receiving web server parses the headers looking for a destination hostname to match, and anything the web server is unable to resolve will be sent back to the root.

• Composer Zen icon?

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used.

If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!

• Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
    31 Votes
    49 Posts
    1k Views

@cagatay It’s not an issue. The reason as to why OGProxy uses it’s own image is because the provided URL does not present one. This is for a variety of reasons - often to do with security and image scraping. If you want to embed YouTube videos, you should consider using nodebb-plugin-ns-embed for this purpose.

• NodeBB metadata

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB metadata:

@jac Are you sure ?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&sxsrf=AOaemvLwnaZL-PliU_2dBOg_Eo1pMVhBjg%3A1638982328139&source=hp&ei=uOKwYeatBcOsad3yp7AE&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYbDwyLBSDcG5XYoFCKwQFhgz94wTxOcV&ved=0ahUKEwjm6dX71NT0AhVDVhoKHV35CUYQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BAgjECc6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoFCAAQgAQ6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6BQgAELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDUABYySZg0CdoAHAAeACAAW2IAa0NkgEEMjMuMpgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Fair enough 🤪🤪😁.

• NodeBB Discord Plugins

Unsolved Customisation
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?

• Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark 😁

• WordPress & NodeBB

Solved WordPress
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.