Skip to content

NodeBB 1.19.3

Solved Performance
33 2 14.7k 1

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • CSS codes to prevent votes to disappear

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab yes, it is thanks a lot…
  • NodeBB socket with CloudFlare

    Solved Performance socket cloudflare nodebb
    24
    3 Votes
    24 Posts
    13k Views
    Solved. Tuto here and here
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

    Moved Performance nodebb v3 nodebb chat
    47
    11 Votes
    47 Posts
    19k Views
    @DownPW Seems fine.
  • 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    27k Views
    @DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of [component="topic/quickreply/container"] However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled [image: 1679077966615-aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png] It will then work [image: 1679077992245-7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png] For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component. The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    55k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/
  • NodeBB slow after DB recovery

    Solved Performance performance nodebb
    1
    5 Votes
    1 Posts
    889 Views
    No one has replied
  • NodeBB - Created pages not found?

    General
    20
    3 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @jac Exactly. Hard point to argue.