Skip to content

[NODEBB] Wallpapers BUG on Firefox Mobile ?

Solved Customisation
9 2 2.7k 1
  • Hello @phenomlab

    My wallpapers works great on Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave on mobile but no on firefox.
    If I don’t scroll the page, wallpaper is OK. If i scroll on a category with lot of topics, i have a black color at the bottom of the sreeen after the wallpeper.

    ONLY on FIREFOX

    I have this code :

    /* Smartphone */
    @media (min-width: 320px) {
            body {
            background: url(https://domain.com/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) no-repeat center center fixed; /*Background01*/
            -webkit-background-size: cover;
            -moz-background-size: cover;
            -o-background-size: cover;
            background-size: cover;
            background-color: transparent !important; 
        }
    }
    

    -moz-background-size: cover is declared for Gecho but I have this :

    d9b8067c-4943-47e7-83b7-73406fcc4524-image.png

    Thanks 😉

  • @phenomlab

    I have fixed the bug with a body: after like this :

    /* Smartphone */
    @media (min-width: 320px) {
            body {
            background: url(https://XXXX.XXX/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) no-repeat center center scroll; /*Background01*/
            -webkit-background-size: cover;
            -moz-background-size: cover;
            -o-background-size: cover;
            background-size: cover;
            background-color: transparent !important; 
        }
        
        body:after{
          content:"";
          position:fixed; /* stretch a fixed position to the whole screen */
          top:0;
          height:100vh; /* fix for mobile browser address bar appearing disappearing */
          left:0;
          right:0;
          z-index:-1; /* needed to keep in the background */
          background: url(https://XXXX.XXXX/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) center center;
          -webkit-background-size: cover;
          -moz-background-size: cover;
          -o-background-size: cover;
          background-size: cover;
          background-color: transparent !important; 
    }  
    }
    

    But I don’t know if this is a good solution.

    What do you think ?

    Could it be simpler than that?

  • @phenomlab

    I have fixed the bug with a body: after like this :

    /* Smartphone */
    @media (min-width: 320px) {
            body {
            background: url(https://XXXX.XXX/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) no-repeat center center scroll; /*Background01*/
            -webkit-background-size: cover;
            -moz-background-size: cover;
            -o-background-size: cover;
            background-size: cover;
            background-color: transparent !important; 
        }
        
        body:after{
          content:"";
          position:fixed; /* stretch a fixed position to the whole screen */
          top:0;
          height:100vh; /* fix for mobile browser address bar appearing disappearing */
          left:0;
          right:0;
          z-index:-1; /* needed to keep in the background */
          background: url(https://XXXX.XXXX/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) center center;
          -webkit-background-size: cover;
          -moz-background-size: cover;
          -o-background-size: cover;
          background-size: cover;
          background-color: transparent !important; 
    }  
    }
    

    But I don’t know if this is a good solution.

    What do you think ?

    Could it be simpler than that?

    @downpw This looks extremely complex. I think you should be looking at background-repeat - see https://www.w3schools.com/CSSref/pr_background-repeat.asp

  • I will test soon and let you know if it’s ok

    like this ?

    /* Smartphone */
    @media (min-width: 320px) {
            body {
            background-image: url(https://XXXX.XXX/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) 
            background-repeat: repeat-y
            -webkit-background-size: cover;
            -moz-background-size: cover;
            -o-background-size: cover;
            background-size: cover;
            background-color: transparent !important; 
        }
    }
    
  • I will test soon and let you know if it’s ok

    like this ?

    /* Smartphone */
    @media (min-width: 320px) {
            body {
            background-image: url(https://XXXX.XXX/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default_01.png) 
            background-repeat: repeat-y
            -webkit-background-size: cover;
            -moz-background-size: cover;
            -o-background-size: cover;
            background-size: cover;
            background-color: transparent !important; 
        }
    }
    

    @downpw yes, that should work, but you probably need to experiment to get the best results.

  • @phenomlab

    Thats works but It’s really not very pretty 😞

    The code I have find on the web is complex, but it do the job perfectly.

    The result is exactly the same on Chrome based browsers and Firefox Mobile.
    and that’s what I’m looking for because I have a lot of FF users on mobile.

    I don’t understand why Firefox Mobile doesn’t interpret this code the same way.

    It is very frustrating 😞

    If you have better for the same result, I’m a taker of course 🙂

  • @phenomlab

    Thats works but It’s really not very pretty 😞

    The code I have find on the web is complex, but it do the job perfectly.

    The result is exactly the same on Chrome based browsers and Firefox Mobile.
    and that’s what I’m looking for because I have a lot of FF users on mobile.

    I don’t understand why Firefox Mobile doesn’t interpret this code the same way.

    It is very frustrating 😞

    If you have better for the same result, I’m a taker of course 🙂

    @downpw this is very odd. Firefox uses the Gecko engine and Chrome uses WebKit. They aren’t too far apart in terms of standards, so it should be the same across browsers.

  • the code which is complex does the job.

    He remove the black bar without repeating the wallpaper.

    I had trouble finding this code.

    A lot of people have the same problem apparently under Firefox Mobile app. On firefox desktop app, it’s OK.

    This is really a specificity of the mobile version.
    Maybe on the renderer.

  • the code which is complex does the job.

    He remove the black bar without repeating the wallpaper.

    I had trouble finding this code.

    A lot of people have the same problem apparently under Firefox Mobile app. On firefox desktop app, it’s OK.

    This is really a specificity of the mobile version.
    Maybe on the renderer.

    @downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • nodebb error logs

    Bugs nodebb
    6
    2
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    I just wanted to ask because I don’t have much knowledge about the new installation. Thank you for the explanatory answer.
  • restarting nodebb on boot

    Unsolved Configure nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot: can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts? It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.
  • Podcast Share NodeBB

    Solved Configure podcast nodebb
    15
    4 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay You could experiment with nodebb-plugin-ns-embed but I expect the x-origin tag on the remote site to prevent playback.
  • Changing Background on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation background image nodebb
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed; Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored. More info around the background property can be found here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php
  • Bug Navbar CSS

    Solved Customisation navbar css
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Not better way. Thanks.
  • [NodeBB] username cards

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    8
    5 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab Aha…nice to know. As always thank you for the reply and information.
  • Social icon (Nodebb)

    Solved Customisation nodebb social
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb): @jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine [image: 1638880098289-73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png] fixed
  • RSS parser script [NodeBB]

    Customisation nodebb rss script
    47
    9 Votes
    47 Posts
    21k Views
    @phenomlab said in RSS parser script [NodeBB]: @jac Not yet. Sorry. Have some other work commitments I need to prioritise. Hoping to get to this over the weekend. No worries at all mate, thanks