Skip to content

Best forum software?

Chitchat

Related Topics
  • Who uses Flarum?

Chitchat
    7 Votes
    22 Posts

@Madchatthew I use it here. It is faster, but not sure if that extends to build times.

• iOS 18 - Inspired by Fisher-Price?

Chitchat
    8 Votes
    16 Posts

@Madchatthew Agreed. Will seriously consider this option at the next “upgrade” interval.

• Nord VPN renewal

Chitchat
    14 Votes
    18 Posts

💥🔥 that’s not bad at all!

TopCashBack still doing 97% cashback on that too, win win!

• Global IT outage

Chitchat
    24 Votes
    31 Posts

@phenomlab I was. I was one of the ones they gave access to, to help fix the computers and get them back up and running. It was fun running around the floor again fixing computers. Reminded me of my IT days haha

• Proton launch password manager

Chitchat
    18 Votes
    27 Posts

@phenomlab said in Proton launch password manager:

will charge for it no matter if you have the full-blown package like I have. If they offered a discount or another incentive, I may well have taken a different view, but to me, it just seems like easy revenue.

Much like Surfshark do, they are owned by the same company now and you can tell, there’s always something extra cropping up like dedicated IPs, loads of discounts thrown your way which is fair enough but I don’t think you should have to them thrown at you constantly 😃.

Fortunately Proton have kept things simple and have all products under one roof should you buy the right package.

• Which Browser The Best!

Chitchat
    14 Votes
    35 Posts
    2k Views

Nope, need time 😉

• Which gets more visitors

General
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@kurulumu-net

But when the search feature works, the CPU immediately swells to 100% and the site dies.

That sounds very much like a MySQL issue to me. I’m aware that this is an existing issue in Flarum in relation to performance, and clearly, it’s still not fixed.

I had no idea that the NodeBB migration could be this expensive. Terrible

Yes, exactly that. To me, it would appear that I’d need to finance the development and subsequent build of any package, then they could resell the same thing to someone else without the need for any additional effort on their part = high profit margin. The issue I have with this model is that I’d foot the (somewhat huge) bill for what amounts to a minor upgrade for me, but quite the money spinner for NodeBB.

Here the link to that thread

https://community.nodebb.org/post/84581

• nodeJS is the best

Solved Performance
    5 Votes
    9 Posts

no no no

@DownPW said in nodeJS is the best:

hmmm I’ve already had this on my forum !!!