Blog

Related Topics
  • 2 Votes
    2 Posts

This is worth listening to

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct5wmc

• 3 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab yeah you have a good point there. Information over lives just doesn’t seem to be worth it. And being the one to release that info and be the one who first put it out there, you may be on the right track about the notoriety.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

See enclosed article from Sky News

https://news.sky.com/story/worlds-largest-botnet-taken-down-as-alleged-chinese-mastermind-arrested-and-29m-in-cryptocurrency-seized-13145394

• Apple, what were you thinking?

Blog
    14 Votes
    15 Posts

My daughter needed a new tablet, which was an older Samsung. My wife wanted to get her an Ipad. Fortunately, I was able to talk her out of that and show her how much better an android tablet would be. Preferably the Samsung S9 Ultra tablet. By the way, that thing is outstanding! Great purchase!

• Goodbye OnePlus, hello Samsung

Blog
    29 Votes
    44 Posts
    1k Views

@Madchatthew definitely. Also good for the environment as it reduces landfill.

• Linux vs Windows - who wins ?

Blog
    4 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab LOL ah yes, I remember all of that. The good ole days!

• 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    1k Views

@phenomlab said in Hardening WordPress - Reducing the attack vector:

@jac Microsoft’s and Google’s Authenticator both support TOTP - essentially, a time based system that changes every 30 seconds. The main principle here is that the device itself carrying the One Time Passcode only needs to be in sync with the source server in terms of time, and can be completely offline with no internet access.

Provided the time matches on both devices, the One Time Passcode will be accepted. Applications such as Microsoft Authenticator and Authy also support push notification meaning you just choose either yes or no on your device when prompted, and then that response is sent back to the origin which then determines if access is granted or not.

One of the best looking password less authentication models was CLEF - sadly, this product died out due to a lack of funding (if I recall correctly) although some open source implementations of this have appeared quite recently.

Essentially, both products will achieve the same goal. TOTP is an industry standard, and widely accepted across the board. Not all services offer push confirmation.

Many thanks for the detailed reply mate.

There’s some great advice in there that will help me secure my accounts.

• Securing your webserver against common attacks

Blog
    1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied