Skip to content

NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

Moved Performance
47 3 19.1k 1

Related Topics
  • Test of youtube embeds

    Solved Configure nodebb
    14
    11 Votes
    14 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab Perfect!!! Many thanks.
  • error with v3 in browser console

    Solved Performance socket error csrf
    4
    1
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW it’s in relation to the response I provided above
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    27k Views
    @DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of [component="topic/quickreply/container"] However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled [image: 1679077966615-aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png] It will then work [image: 1679077992245-7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png] For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component. The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    56k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/
  • NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    38
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    15k Views
    @Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository. Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.
  • NodeBB slow after DB recovery

    Solved Performance performance nodebb
    1
    5 Votes
    1 Posts
    893 Views
    No one has replied
  • NodeBB vs Discourse

    Chitchat nodebb discourse board
    25
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    13k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB vs Discourse: Hetzner eh ? I use them also. In fact, Sudonix is hosted in Nuremberg yes i’m also at hetzner, i have been a customer there for years with a reseller account for domains. My VPS that I host there are also in Nuremberg