Skip to content

[NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title

Solved Customisation
5 2 1.9k 1
  • Hello there 🤞

    I would like to automatically assign a label/or several (group title) for new users with a validated account

    2e2f8f97-74a2-42f8-9354-2dcfe39cbefb-image.png

    Like this all registered users will have at least one 🙂

    It’s possible to do that ?

    many thanks to the communauty 😉

  • @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title:

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    Ok thanks for your answer @phenomlab

    I will rather look for a plugin allowing me to do it because I don’t have time to develop this function.

    I’ll keep you posted on my research 😉

    – >In fact, all my users are already in a group called “all”

    What interests me the most is to automatically assign the group label in the user profile

    @DownPW

    Resolve 🙂

    since all users are in this group by default. I just had to put this group in non-private and check the display of the badge.

    By default, NodeBB displays the user’s default group label unless the user changes it himself

  • Hello there 🤞

    I would like to automatically assign a label/or several (group title) for new users with a validated account

    2e2f8f97-74a2-42f8-9354-2dcfe39cbefb-image.png

    Like this all registered users will have at least one 🙂

    It’s possible to do that ?

    many thanks to the communauty 😉

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

  • @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title:

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    Ok thanks for your answer @phenomlab

    I will rather look for a plugin allowing me to do it because I don’t have time to develop this function.

    I’ll keep you posted on my research 😉

    – >In fact, all my users are already in a group called “all”

    What interests me the most is to automatically assign the group label in the user profile

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab marked this topic as a regular topic on
  • @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] Auto assign a label or group title:

    @DownPW I’m almost positive there used to be a plugin that performed exactly this task, but I can’t seem to locate it within npm. I expect you could (relatively easily) perform this function by listening to the registration hook and leveraging that to add the user to a group programmatically, although this would need some development and testing

    Ok thanks for your answer @phenomlab

    I will rather look for a plugin allowing me to do it because I don’t have time to develop this function.

    I’ll keep you posted on my research 😉

    – >In fact, all my users are already in a group called “all”

    What interests me the most is to automatically assign the group label in the user profile

    @DownPW

    Resolve 🙂

    since all users are in this group by default. I just had to put this group in non-private and check the display of the badge.

    By default, NodeBB displays the user’s default group label unless the user changes it himself

  • DownPWundefined DownPW marked this topic as a question on
  • DownPWundefined DownPW has marked this topic as solved on
  • @DownPW

    Resolve 🙂

    since all users are in this group by default. I just had to put this group in non-private and check the display of the badge.

    By default, NodeBB displays the user’s default group label unless the user changes it himself

    @DownPW very useful tip. Thanks


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Custom Page - nodebb

    Solved Customisation custom-pages nodebb
    13
    2
    5 Votes
    13 Posts
    2k Views
    I’m happy to see this
  • TNG + Nodebb

    General tng genealogy nodebb plugin
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Madchatthew said in TNG + Nodebb: you have to try and use duck tape and super glue to change something to make it do what you want it to do I couldn’t have put that better myself.
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • Custom badges

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    103
    2
    49 Votes
    103 Posts
    52k Views
    Perfect
  • [NodeBB] greeting message

    Solved Customisation css nodebb javascript
    2
    1
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358
  • Dark Theme Upper Padding

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    7
    1
    6 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW great! thanks a lot… this code solves my problem.
  • NodeBB Footer

    Solved Customisation footer nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer: @jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly Thanks pal
  • unable to upvote on forum

    Solved Performance
    10
    1
    3 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab yes, i can understand. it is working now