Skip to content

background color of the footer area

Solved Customisation
7 3 3.5k 1
  • How can I change the background color of the footer area?

    we have forum-stats widget, social media links and “powered by NodeBB” label at the bottom as “global footer widgets”. We would like to change the color of this background (whole this footer area from right to left)

    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.06.17 PM.png

  • @crazycells Can you provide me access to your site (details over PM obviously) so I can look at this ? I have an idea as to how this should work, but would like to see how you have it working now.

    @phenomlab For your footers, I changed to

    div class="row text-center adjust">
    

    For the “Powered by…” I changed this to

    <div class="row pad-10 text-center adjust">
    

    And finally, added a new class

    .row.text-center.adjust {
        margin-left: -30px;
        margin-right: -30px;
    }
    

    At the top of your custom CSS

    24169304-5dc7-47ca-b143-26e9d9ef2fd8-image.png

    Reload your page and have a look 🙂

    f3154da1-4da3-447a-a169-e57c82f022cb-image.png

    The class of row exists already (part of Bootstrap) and .row.text-center.adjust is explicit and will only apply to that code

  • How can I change the background color of the footer area?

    we have forum-stats widget, social media links and “powered by NodeBB” label at the bottom as “global footer widgets”. We would like to change the color of this background (whole this footer area from right to left)

    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 7.06.17 PM.png

    @crazycells from what I currently see, this is a custom HTML widget added directly below the forum-stats widget ?

    7e12893c-e0e4-404e-b3b5-cfaee242d0c1-image.png

    As this appears outside of the row element from the stats widget, it won’t automatically inherit the space you desire. The way to fix this would typically be with classes and CSS. Can you provide the code you’ve used for this ?

    Thanks

  • Or just play with transparent color and font-color maybe :

    ef0dc066-8d1a-4201-9819-1347f343a031-image.png

    but @phenomlab is always right 😉

  • @crazycells from what I currently see, this is a custom HTML widget added directly below the forum-stats widget ?

    7e12893c-e0e4-404e-b3b5-cfaee242d0c1-image.png

    As this appears outside of the row element from the stats widget, it won’t automatically inherit the space you desire. The way to fix this would typically be with classes and CSS. Can you provide the code you’ve used for this ?

    Thanks

    @phenomlab thanks. I need all footer region (from left side to right side) to be the same color, the current form of the site is just experiments 😄

    Do you think it is possible to easily add a “custom global footer” to the nodebb? I could move the links there… (I am OK with leaving the forum-stats widget outside of this custom footer region)

    Here is the code I am using currently:

    //footer color modifications start
    .forum-stats {
        .row {
        background-color: #085EAC;
        }
    
        h2 {
            color: #eceff1;
        
            small {
            color: #eceff1;
            }
            
        }
    }
    
    
    [data-widget-area="footer"] {    
        .text-center {
            background-color: #085EAC;
        
            a {
                color: #eceff1;
            }        
        }
    }
    //footer color modifications end
    

    This is what I am trying to achieve:

    Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.40.59 AM.png

  • @phenomlab thanks. I need all footer region (from left side to right side) to be the same color, the current form of the site is just experiments 😄

    Do you think it is possible to easily add a “custom global footer” to the nodebb? I could move the links there… (I am OK with leaving the forum-stats widget outside of this custom footer region)

    Here is the code I am using currently:

    //footer color modifications start
    .forum-stats {
        .row {
        background-color: #085EAC;
        }
    
        h2 {
            color: #eceff1;
        
            small {
            color: #eceff1;
            }
            
        }
    }
    
    
    [data-widget-area="footer"] {    
        .text-center {
            background-color: #085EAC;
        
            a {
                color: #eceff1;
            }        
        }
    }
    //footer color modifications end
    

    This is what I am trying to achieve:

    Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.40.59 AM.png

    @crazycells Can you provide me access to your site (details over PM obviously) so I can look at this ? I have an idea as to how this should work, but would like to see how you have it working now.

  • @crazycells Can you provide me access to your site (details over PM obviously) so I can look at this ? I have an idea as to how this should work, but would like to see how you have it working now.

    @phenomlab For your footers, I changed to

    div class="row text-center adjust">
    

    For the “Powered by…” I changed this to

    <div class="row pad-10 text-center adjust">
    

    And finally, added a new class

    .row.text-center.adjust {
        margin-left: -30px;
        margin-right: -30px;
    }
    

    At the top of your custom CSS

    24169304-5dc7-47ca-b143-26e9d9ef2fd8-image.png

    Reload your page and have a look 🙂

    f3154da1-4da3-447a-a169-e57c82f022cb-image.png

    The class of row exists already (part of Bootstrap) and .row.text-center.adjust is explicit and will only apply to that code

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on
  • @phenomlab For your footers, I changed to

    div class="row text-center adjust">
    

    For the “Powered by…” I changed this to

    <div class="row pad-10 text-center adjust">
    

    And finally, added a new class

    .row.text-center.adjust {
        margin-left: -30px;
        margin-right: -30px;
    }
    

    At the top of your custom CSS

    24169304-5dc7-47ca-b143-26e9d9ef2fd8-image.png

    Reload your page and have a look 🙂

    f3154da1-4da3-447a-a169-e57c82f022cb-image.png

    The class of row exists already (part of Bootstrap) and .row.text-center.adjust is explicit and will only apply to that code

    @phenomlab thank you very much 🙂


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 4 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab oh no, that is 1 cent on the video, but you are right, symbols are similar… I just converted it to $1 , since it is more intuitive in daily life…
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • Header Menu After Upgrading V3.1.1

    Solved Customisation header nodebb
    2
    1
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay this relates to a change the css classes used for the brand header meaning it will now float to the left instead of right. If you’d like to retain the original behavior, you can add this css class [data-widget-area="brand-header"] { justify-content: end; display: flex; } Further information here https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17090/manual-build-a-custom-header-in-harmony/19?_=1684069325296
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • Changing Background on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation background image nodebb
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed; Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored. More info around the background property can be found here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php
  • 9 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    @DownPW said in Bottom footer navbar button extend: Oh my god, it’s beautiful mark I liked this design so much, I’ve implemented it here. I intend to do a lot more with the footer in due course, so hiding it makes a lot of sense. Thanks @DownPW for the idea and initial concept
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place. Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API. https://hostrisk.com/
  • NodeBB Footer

    Solved Customisation footer nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer: @jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly Thanks pal