Skip to content

NodeBB templates

Locked Chitchat
12 3 4.3k 1
  • There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?

    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing.

  • There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?

    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing.

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

  • @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

    @jac ok. I’m just wondering if @DownPW would like to be part of this given the work we’ve done together in terms of the theme switcher.

    My personal thoughts here are any themes made available should be open source and free to use. I’m happy to provide the CSS for both light and dark themes sudonix uses if someone else could benefit from them.

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

    @downpw I don’t think streaming CSS files is a good idea - they should be hosted locally for performance reasons alone. My thoughts were around using the theme switcher tool we created to enable others to use multiple themes, or choose the one they like best 😄

  • yes it’s better ^^

  • @phenomlab @DownPW absolutely, I suppose if you go off one really good template (theme) then you can add your own changes for example the required colour for my forum is navy blue, but at least a very good base would be there.

    Maybe updating (making changes) to it could be difficult or classed as copying I guess.

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

    @downpw said in NodeBB templates:

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    Great idea - you don’t need my permission to create new threads that are meaningful - we may need to reference the original topic, but I agree, a new thread makes sense now that the code and functionality is stable and mature.

  • Ok I will do that as soon i possible dude 😉

  • Placing this here for reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher

    Further information and posts can be found at this link

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab locked this topic on

Related Topics
  • Spam spam spam

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda said in Spam spam spam: ok, yes Ive seen the queue, it shows IP, but doesnt have a field for comments from registrant. It’s not designed for that. It merely serves as a gateway between posts appearing on your form or not. @Panda said in Spam spam spam: It would be better if nodebb had this plugin included in ACP list, as not only then do you know its approved and should work, but many people cant or dont want to use CLI on the server That’s a question for the NodeBB devs but in all honesty you can’t not use the CLI when installing nodebb so to be this isn’t a big deal.
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • Nodebb 3.2.0

    Bugs nodebb nodebb 3.2.0
    20
    1
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • Composer options on nodebb

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    3 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console [image: 1686833368846-3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png] [image: 1686833399483-a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png] That should then expose the element once selected [image: 1686833431032-89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png] Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided. .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • nodebb loading emojis

    Solved Configure nodebb emojis
    16
    1
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version. You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.
  • Gettin Erors NodeBB

    Solved Configure nodebb eror
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab no forum is working goods. there is no eror message since yestarday.
  • Fresher in Nodebb install

    General nodebb
    24
    15 Votes
    24 Posts
    11k Views
    @Hari I’ve been reading a lot about APO. Looks impressive.
  • CPU usage higher than expected for nodeBB (on clients)

    Chitchat
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter Yes, although the experience would be very much degraded without websockets.