Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

    @DownPW Cache cleared, but…

    521b3bec-7fa2-4baf-b94d-53494d92c10e-image.png

  • re test and click on a link ?

  • image.png

  • @DownPW I see it in an incognito session - looks like I’ve got some browser related issues 😕

    00df3417-3292-40d9-b030-231d63982c24-image.png

    So it’s not hover, but :active

    I’d ne inclined to use transparency here as it’s much less effort

    .dropdown-item.active, .dropdown-item:active {
        --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg: #b9babe38;
    }
    

    That will give you (for this swatch at least)

    eb4040fc-7b5a-4cae-b77e-9cf37570b14b-image.png

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

    @DownPW Try this

    a.active i {
        color: #ffffff!important;
    }
    
  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

    @DownPW there shouldn’t be - it’s a fairly specific target, but if you do experience odd behaviour, let me know.

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂

    @DownPW The topic CSS for this should be as below (note, I added the background and color)

    ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted {
        opacity: .6;
        background: red;
        color: yellow;
    }
    

    aba26d71-17be-41bf-88ab-e5bd7b63071d-image.png

    Threads for deleted posts in topics are covered by the .deleted class (note, I added the background and color)

    .deleted {
        background: black;
        color: orange;
    }
    

    914852d6-1a94-4e63-8bc2-f86e3e5a6ee4-image.png

  • Thanks you Mark !

    I know why I have don’t find this directive lol : I got my brushes tangled up in the dev console 🙂

    So for deleted post , I prefer use li.pt-4.deleted instead of .deleted because .deleted is in conflict with ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted 🙂

  • Thanks you Mark !

    I know why I have don’t find this directive lol : I got my brushes tangled up in the dev console 🙂

    So for deleted post , I prefer use li.pt-4.deleted instead of .deleted because .deleted is in conflict with ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted 🙂

    @DownPW yes, fair point. The .deleted class is implicit so you need to make it unique using other classes before it to create a chain which you’ve done.

  • Hello,

    because I use nsembed plugin now, I see the frame are a bit little compared to this forum which uses the same plugin.
    How did you handle that Mark?

    image.png

  • Hello,

    because I use nsembed plugin now, I see the frame are a bit little compared to this forum which uses the same plugin.
    How did you handle that Mark?

    image.png

    @DownPW sorry, I’m not entirely sure what you mean?

  • Sorry the player is small compared to here. I would like to enlarge them ^^ 😉

    – Mine :

    image.png

    – Here on sudonix :

    72b1af86-cb23-4bb3-8d08-0ceb4bb27435-image.png

  • Sorry the player is small compared to here. I would like to enlarge them ^^ 😉

    – Mine :

    image.png

    – Here on sudonix :

    72b1af86-cb23-4bb3-8d08-0ceb4bb27435-image.png

    @DownPW Try this

    .embed-container iframe {
        width: 600px;
        height: 300px;
    }
    

    Obviously, adjust width and height as required

  • Hmm I have this problem with hover background color on close button on modal chat on my dev instance.
    The background color is black :

    f1c61a50-3b64-4470-89fc-182c8027a530-image.png

    And it seems my code doesn’t work :

    7cff1a19-8d5b-4889-a798-1e13898f1963-image.png

    8d427049-7987-4a2c-a0d9-4c26b475cafb-image.png

    I confess that I do not fully understand why I have black and that my code is not interpreted correctly.

    Thanks in advance for your help my friends 😉

  • Hmm I have this problem with hover background color on close button on modal chat on my dev instance.
    The background color is black :

    f1c61a50-3b64-4470-89fc-182c8027a530-image.png

    And it seems my code doesn’t work :

    7cff1a19-8d5b-4889-a798-1e13898f1963-image.png

    8d427049-7987-4a2c-a0d9-4c26b475cafb-image.png

    I confess that I do not fully understand why I have black and that my code is not interpreted correctly.

    Thanks in advance for your help my friends 😉

    @DownPW It’s caused by this css

    .btn-close {
        filter: var(--bs-node-btn-close-color) !important;
    }
    

    If you remove that filter, the issue will be resolved.


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Please help me, I can't install nodebb

    Locked Solved Customisation nodebb
    7
    5 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    Installation completed, verified, and tested. Correct installation methodology is below https://docs.nodebb.org/installing/os/ubuntu/
  • MogoDB v6 to v7 upgrade

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda if you used the Ubuntu PPA, I think this only goes as far as 6.x if I recall correctly.
  • What is this bar called?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    92
    1
    36 Votes
    92 Posts
    37k Views
    This is good
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • adding some console.log to Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    4
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try node app.js > app.log 2>&1 This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout. I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log. Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.
  • NodeBB Footer

    Solved Customisation footer nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer: @jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly Thanks pal
  • NodeBB metadata

    Solved Configure nodebb
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB metadata: @jac Are you sure ? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&sxsrf=AOaemvLwnaZL-PliU_2dBOg_Eo1pMVhBjg%3A1638982328139&source=hp&ei=uOKwYeatBcOsad3yp7AE&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYbDwyLBSDcG5XYoFCKwQFhgz94wTxOcV&ved=0ahUKEwjm6dX71NT0AhVDVhoKHV35CUYQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BAgjECc6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoFCAAQgAQ6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6BQgAELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDUABYySZg0CdoAHAAeACAAW2IAa0NkgEEMjMuMpgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz Fair enough 🤪🤪.
  • nodebb-plugin-customize error

    Solved Customisation
    25
    2 Votes
    25 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab it work, thanks