Skip to content

nodebb-plugin-customize error

Solved Customisation
25 2 15.2k 1
  • @phenomlab okay, i send PM

    @riekmedia Thanks

  • @phenomlab okay, i send PM

    @riekmedia Looking at this further, I’m wondering if this setting in NodeBB has any relevance. It was set to 2Mb (2048Kb), so I’ve changed it to 32Mb (32768kb)

    5538887c-9216-4fcb-9f4b-a04fe58e39af-image.png

    Setting has been saved. Can you see if this fixes it ?

  • @riekmedia Looking at this further, I’m wondering if this setting in NodeBB has any relevance. It was set to 2Mb (2048Kb), so I’ve changed it to 32Mb (32768kb)

    5538887c-9216-4fcb-9f4b-a04fe58e39af-image.png

    Setting has been saved. Can you see if this fixes it ?

    @phenomlab no the problem is still there

  • @phenomlab no the problem is still there

    @riekmedia I’ve just managed to edit a template on your site (404.tpl), saved, and re-built assets with no issues ? What are you uploading into the file ?

  • @riekmedia I’ve just managed to edit a template on your site (404.tpl), saved, and re-built assets with no issues ? What are you uploading into the file ?

    @phenomlab I’m trying to edit group / details. Just change a ccs command style there.

    But even if you don’t change anything there and simply click on save, the error occurs

  • @phenomlab I’m trying to edit group / details. Just change a ccs command style there.

    But even if you don’t change anything there and simply click on save, the error occurs

    @riekmedia said in nodebb-plugin-customize error:

    I’m trying to edit group / details. Just change a ccs command style there.

    Can you let me know which template you’re seeing this on ?

  • @riekmedia said in nodebb-plugin-customize error:

    I’m trying to edit group / details. Just change a ccs command style there.

    Can you let me know which template you’re seeing this on ?

  • @riekmedia I see what you mean - it only seems to be the one template though. I’m not surprised as this file is huge but I can’t see anywhere the setting can be adjusted unless it’s in the plugin itself.

  • @riekmedia I see what you mean - it only seems to be the one template though. I’m not surprised as this file is huge but I can’t see anywhere the setting can be adjusted unless it’s in the plugin itself.

    @phenomlab I can’t tell you that 🙂 I know the plugin so far only since yesterday through you 🙂

  • Ich habe darüber versucht das cover image von der gruppe selbst anzupassen so wie du es mit dem profil cover gemacht hast, because I couldn’t do that with css

    [MOD-EDIT]: I tried to adapt the cover image of the group itself like you did with the profile cover, because I couldn’t do that with css

    backround-size: auto;
    

    89ae447b-c9fe-4923-b3b1-4be30707ad0e-image.png

  • Ich habe darüber versucht das cover image von der gruppe selbst anzupassen so wie du es mit dem profil cover gemacht hast, because I couldn’t do that with css

    [MOD-EDIT]: I tried to adapt the cover image of the group itself like you did with the profile cover, because I couldn’t do that with css

    backround-size: auto;
    

    89ae447b-c9fe-4923-b3b1-4be30707ad0e-image.png

    @riekmedia You could use negative CSS for this ?

    .groups.list {
        margin-top: -10px;
    }
    

    Adjust -10px to the negative value you want

  • @riekmedia You could use negative CSS for this ?

    .groups.list {
        margin-top: -10px;
    }
    

    Adjust -10px to the negative value you want

    @phenomlab
    You get me wrong, it’s not just about me, it’s about the picture above. The dark gray default cover picture.

    I’m trying to fit the picture to the width, height

    We had the same problem with our own profile, so if you remember, we solved it with backround-size auto.

    I am now trying to do the same with the cover pictures of the groups. Go on a group on it with a browser then you will see it live. That shatters the whole theme 🙂

    Look at the screenshoot.

    My Profile cover fixed

    fc4f3d94-1798-4619-b551-00df2ba7009c-image.png

    Groupdetails cover not fixed

    e3019fcb-43b4-4fcd-81a2-3fdc46351d73-image.png

    And I don’t mean the group list but the group details

  • @phenomlab
    You get me wrong, it’s not just about me, it’s about the picture above. The dark gray default cover picture.

    I’m trying to fit the picture to the width, height

    We had the same problem with our own profile, so if you remember, we solved it with backround-size auto.

    I am now trying to do the same with the cover pictures of the groups. Go on a group on it with a browser then you will see it live. That shatters the whole theme 🙂

    Look at the screenshoot.

    My Profile cover fixed

    fc4f3d94-1798-4619-b551-00df2ba7009c-image.png

    Groupdetails cover not fixed

    e3019fcb-43b4-4fcd-81a2-3fdc46351d73-image.png

    And I don’t mean the group list but the group details

    @riekmedia First things first 🙂

    You may notice that in the profile page, you cannot click the dropdown menu (the button with the three dots)

    32aec8f1-6ce4-4232-936b-1cd483e4e776-image.png

    Clicking this button does nothing because the element sits behind the image meaning it is no longer clickable. The below CSS will fix that

    .btn-group.account-fab {
        z-index: 1000;
    }
    

    For the Groups issue, try this. Note that the background-image section of this will remove the actual image added by NodeBB, but will leave yours intact.

    @media (min-width: 992px) {
    .groups.details [component="groups/cover"] {
        background-size: auto;
        background-image: none !important;
    }
    }
    [component="groups/container"] {
        margin-top: 0px !important;
    }
  • @riekmedia First things first 🙂

    You may notice that in the profile page, you cannot click the dropdown menu (the button with the three dots)

    32aec8f1-6ce4-4232-936b-1cd483e4e776-image.png

    Clicking this button does nothing because the element sits behind the image meaning it is no longer clickable. The below CSS will fix that

    .btn-group.account-fab {
        z-index: 1000;
    }
    

    For the Groups issue, try this. Note that the background-image section of this will remove the actual image added by NodeBB, but will leave yours intact.

    @media (min-width: 992px) {
    .groups.details [component="groups/cover"] {
        background-size: auto;
        background-image: none !important;
    }
    }
    [component="groups/container"] {
        margin-top: 0px !important;
    }

    @phenomlab it work, thanks 🙂

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @kadir-ay-0 marking as resolved based on https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17109/manual-build-a-night-mode-for-harmony/5 Please do not raise requests in two places - here and the NodeBB forums. All this does is create unnecessary load for both parties.
  • nodebb-plugin-custom-pages

    Solved Customisation plugin custom-pages
    5
    2
    3 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    @DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired. Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?
  • Plugin Install Error

    Solved Customisation plugin error discord
    6
    1
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @Sampo2910 no problems. Happy to help. Just remember that this particular method isn’t the best in the sense that it may not get update notifications. The general recommendation here would be to move back to the official npm repo as soon as the GitHub version has been merged. For the meantime, it’ll work fine though.
  • Recent Cards plugin customization

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    21
    1
    13 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    @pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border In essence, the below should work $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • [NodeBB] Custom fields plugin

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb plugins javascript custom
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?
  • [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

    Solved Customisation nodebb css bugfix
    258
    49 Votes
    258 Posts
    149k Views
    mark hi, Refused to apply style from ‘https://efelsefe.com/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome-6-Pro/pro/css/v4-font-face.css’ because its MIME type (‘text/plain’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled. I keep getting this error.
  • [NodeBB] Import custom Font

    Solved Customisation custom fonts nodebb css
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay you’ll need to define this in the body tag (or another element if you want greater or more granular targets) - for example body { font-family: "Poppins"; font-size: 16px; } Essentially, you use the font-size CSS directive.
  • [NodeBB] First post customization

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    5
    4 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab thanks