Skip to content

Block Domain

Solved Let's Build It
26 2 9.8k 1
  • @phenomlab

    My code work great but a little more 😉
    My code conflicts with your OGPROXY code.

    Do you have an idea so that the two can live together?

    @DownPW Potentially, yes, but what is the conflict exactly?

  • I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    If I disable it, OG proxy works fine.

    I would have to make sure that OG proxy does not activate when a blacklist link is detected or that it works one after the other

    Actually I don’t really know at the moment.

    EDIT:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

  • I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    If I disable it, OG proxy works fine.

    I would have to make sure that OG proxy does not activate when a blacklist link is detected or that it works one after the other

    Actually I don’t really know at the moment.

    EDIT:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

    There is one already in function.js - see below

    https://github.com/phenomlab/ogproxy/blob/03d5ff125611361700d785bd82a6ab16fcd68bfc/function.js#L9

  • @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

    There is one already in function.js - see below

    https://github.com/phenomlab/ogproxy/blob/03d5ff125611361700d785bd82a6ab16fcd68bfc/function.js#L9

    In any case, it doesn’t change anything in fact I think to add exclusions in OG Proxy, because links which are not to be ignored are not formatted by OG proxy

    @phenomlab said in Block Domain:

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    I’ll look and try to figure it out but can you help me with this ?

  • In any case, it doesn’t change anything in fact I think to add exclusions in OG Proxy, because links which are not to be ignored are not formatted by OG proxy

    @phenomlab said in Block Domain:

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    I’ll look and try to figure it out but can you help me with this ?

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    I’ll look and try to figure it out but can you help me with this ?

    Yes, of course.

  • no luck for now

  • no luck for now

    @DownPW Can you provide a summary of what you’ve tried?

  • I don’t have everything listed.

    In fact I’m trying to understand what’s going on, otherwise I’m going all over the place but I don’t have any errors in the console.

    In fact I have the impression that the 2 codes act on <a> and that they sometimes come into conflict because when I enter the topic via the recent page or other, OG proxy does the job, I refresh, it works again , I refresh and the OGproxy does nothing.

    I have the impression that both codes are playing with the DOM and it’s not okay.
    Sometimes OGproxy works, sometimes it works on every second link, and sometimes not at all.

    Anyway, I’m a little lost at the moment.

    I don’t really know what changed or what script changed.

  • I don’t have everything listed.

    In fact I’m trying to understand what’s going on, otherwise I’m going all over the place but I don’t have any errors in the console.

    In fact I have the impression that the 2 codes act on <a> and that they sometimes come into conflict because when I enter the topic via the recent page or other, OG proxy does the job, I refresh, it works again , I refresh and the OGproxy does nothing.

    I have the impression that both codes are playing with the DOM and it’s not okay.
    Sometimes OGproxy works, sometimes it works on every second link, and sometimes not at all.

    Anyway, I’m a little lost at the moment.

    I don’t really know what changed or what script changed.

    @DownPW I don’t think this is OGProxy. I think it’s your script that manipulates the DOM afterwards and causes the issue. Is there somewhere I can see the script and review it (dev) ?

  • Script is on dev yes.

  • Script is on dev yes.

    @DownPW is OGProxy also on dev? I’ll need both running

  • Yes ogproxy too is functionnal on dev


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • NodeBB recent cards customisation

    Solved Customisation nodebb recent cards
    3
    1
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much for the assistance Mark, massively appreciated as always. The great thing about this is it’s all documented for other NodeBB users that come looking for solutions . Looks far better .
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • NodeBB: Privileges for the Announcement channel

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    1
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    Up to you really
  • NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    38
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    15k Views
    @Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository. Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.
  • Link vs Refresh

    Solved Customisation nodebb blog customization
    20
    2
    8 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @pobojmoks Do you see any errors being reported in the console ? At first guess (without seeing the actual code or the site itself), I’d say that this is AJAX callback related
  • fading in /tags page

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    32
    1
    30 Votes
    32 Posts
    12k Views
    Fix working perfectly
  • Recent Cards plugin customization

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    21
    1
    13 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    @pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border In essence, the below should work $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

    Solved Customisation nodebb css bugfix
    258
    49 Votes
    258 Posts
    149k Views
    mark hi, Refused to apply style from ‘https://efelsefe.com/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome-6-Pro/pro/css/v4-font-face.css’ because its MIME type (‘text/plain’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled. I keep getting this error.