Skip to content

Top Ranked Forums

Chitchat

Related Topics
  • 4 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab oh no, that is 1 cent on the video, but you are right, symbols are similar… I just converted it to $1 , since it is more intuitive in daily life…

• Nodebb 3.2.0

Bugs
    2 Votes
    20 Posts

@crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix

EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below

li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

Bugs
    0 Votes
    5 Posts

@Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services.

And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.

• Header Menu After Upgrading V3.1.1

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay this relates to a change the css classes used for the brand header meaning it will now float to the left instead of right.

If you’d like to retain the original behavior, you can add this css class

[data-widget-area="brand-header"] { justify-content: end; display: flex; }

Further information here

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17090/manual-build-a-custom-header-in-harmony/19?_=1684069325296

• NodeBB v3 Android Problem

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

thank you fixed.

• Adjusting the size of boxes in posts-list class

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot, this combination works best 👍

.posts-list .posts-list-item .content { overflow: auto; max-height: 600px; }
  • Best forum software?

Chitchat
    10 Votes
    28 Posts
    2k Views

@marusaky Good post. The real issue with Flarum is that even the most minor of changes requires a extension, which is crazy. With NodeBB, you can make changes on the fly very easily, and without too much effort.

There is an element of learning when it comes to making changes to any platform, but Javascript is not difficult at all once you get used to it, and there’s also extensive support for jQuery (and hundreds of code snippets on the internet you can easily adapt and tailor to your own needs)

For years, phpBB used to reign supreme - now it’s incredibly dated, and always did have the most confusing admin panel I’ve ever seen.

• WordPress & NodeBB

Solved WordPress
    0 Votes
    6 Posts

@jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.