Skip to content

Top Ranked Forums

Chitchat

Related Topics
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

Solved General
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@Norrad Are you looking for anything in particular? I only ask because Sudonix uses a number of custom functions which I wrote, but all are available on GitHub and fully supported here.

• how to prevent DDoS attacks ?

Solved Vulnerability
    17 Votes
    34 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab thank you very much, this was helpful. Everything looks ok 🙂

• Bug Report

Solved Bugs
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    1k Views

@crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler!

EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS

.upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; }

This then yields

3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png

However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request

however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts

@Panda said in Upgrade to NodeBB v3? 2BB or not 2BB, that is the question!:

So although thats a plugin it has Widget like element and stopped working on the Theme change

Which is normal based on the widgets being reset when you change themes.

• optional "snow falling" theme

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    6 Posts

@Sala ok, but that’s still the same loop which is going to have an impact on the CPU.

• Blinking text Effect

Customisation
    5 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab

I love it too

@phenomlab said in Blinking text Effect:

Has that “broken neon light” look that you see in films.

It’s exactly that, kind of old neon signs of bar or pubs a bit cyberpunk too 😉

• Best forum software?

Chitchat
    10 Votes
    28 Posts
    2k Views

@marusaky Good post. The real issue with Flarum is that even the most minor of changes requires a extension, which is crazy. With NodeBB, you can make changes on the fly very easily, and without too much effort.

There is an element of learning when it comes to making changes to any platform, but Javascript is not difficult at all once you get used to it, and there’s also extensive support for jQuery (and hundreds of code snippets on the internet you can easily adapt and tailor to your own needs)

For years, phpBB used to reign supreme - now it’s incredibly dated, and always did have the most confusing admin panel I’ve ever seen.

• Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark 😁