Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 2 Votes
    6 Posts

@dave1904 I’d start by adding a console.log function to hookData so you can see what is being returned

return hookData; console.log(hookData):
  • 6 Votes
    15 Posts

No no, I said that in the sense that he told me it was simple ^^
    I was able to see that this was not the case by targeting the elements he had advised me.

• 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• 13 Votes
    21 Posts
    2k Views

@pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

In essence, the below should work

$(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@DownPW

We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ?

Yes, this is by far the safest

I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems.

It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)

• NodeBB 1.19.3

Solved Performance
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    3k Views

@phenomlab

I find the problem Mark 😉

The error message indicated this path :

http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u

I change the path url on config.json

47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png

And all it’s good 🙂

Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3

But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin

EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup

For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok

• [NODEBB] Welcome Message

Solved Customisation
    13 Votes
    18 Posts
    2k Views

For anyone reviewing this post, there’s an updated version here that also includes an sunrise / sun / moon icon depending on the time of day

https://sudonix.com/topic/233/nodebb-welcome-message-with-logo-footer-change/3?_=1645445273209

• 24 Votes
    112 Posts
    13k Views

@DownPW as discussed in PM

Seems to have been solved with the new JS code that you added allowing the version CSS file change!!

Cache problem therefore with the JS of the Switcher theme

Based on this, I will close this thread and reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css/27