Skip to content

v3 & Harmony diary / thoughts / code snippets

Announcements
55 4 27.1k 1

Related Topics
  • Nodebb to Xenforo

    Solved Configure xenforo nodebb
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay as @downpw stated, there isn’t a native tool that will do this for you. You’d need to either develop your own or ask the nodebb team to assist which will be a paid exercise.
  • Planned sunset of NTFY plugin

    Pinned Announcements push nodebb ntfy
    7
    1
    8 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    I’ve noticed that I’m the only one subscribed to the push notifications on this site. If you were using NTFY previously, and have noticed that you’ve not had any alerts for a while, it’s because this feature has been disabled. You’ll now need to use the push notification to replace NTFY as mentioned in the first post.
  • MogoDB v6 to v7 upgrade

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda if you used the Ubuntu PPA, I think this only goes as far as 6.x if I recall correctly.
  • IMPORTANT: Theme / Swatch changes

    Announcements swatch themes
    4
    4
    6 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay these changes aren’t published anywhere presently, so nothing for you to do.
  • www. Infront stops website access?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda because there is no match for the DNS entry specified. The receiving web server parses the headers looking for a destination hostname to match, and anything the web server is unable to resolve will be sent back to the root.
  • Rebranding / other changes

    Announcements branding domain
    42
    33 Votes
    42 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells said in Rebranding / other changes: thanks for the info you gave, I need to transfer this info to our dev team No problems - let me know if you need any other info.
  • Adding fileWrite to nodebb code

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    @eveh this might be a question for the NodeBB Devs themselves. In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure without having to research this myself.
  • Platform development diary

    Announcements technology platform new
    9
    1 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    It’s been a while since I checked in here. Plenty going on - mostly around rectifying small pockets of resistance between light and dark modes, plus the addition of new features such as an enhanced reputation system and the ability to create polls. Plus, there are several changes going on under the hood which are completely transparent to users or the operation of the platform. However, some changes mean that the platform does need to be restarted for code changes to stick and function correctly. I tend to do this during non busy periods, but sometimes, it’s unfortunately inevitable. The good news is that in most cases, a full restart takes only 20 seconds. More to come