Skip to content

restarting nodebb on boot

Unsolved Configure
3 2 1.7k 1
  • I have asked this question on the nodebb forum but still very confused, if I may also take opinions here.
    In a power cut or glitch my server may restart. What is the best way to make nodebb forum come back up without doing manual start?
    I was looking at nodemon which I understand, but the nodebb docs suggest a method of adding somethings to a systemd file !
    Its more complicated, is it a better method or can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

  • I have asked this question on the nodebb forum but still very confused, if I may also take opinions here.
    In a power cut or glitch my server may restart. What is the best way to make nodebb forum come back up without doing manual start?
    I was looking at nodemon which I understand, but the nodebb docs suggest a method of adding somethings to a systemd file !
    Its more complicated, is it a better method or can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

    @eeeee Have you seen / read the below?

    https://docs.nodebb.org/configuring/running/

  • I have asked this question on the nodebb forum but still very confused, if I may also take opinions here.
    In a power cut or glitch my server may restart. What is the best way to make nodebb forum come back up without doing manual start?
    I was looking at nodemon which I understand, but the nodebb docs suggest a method of adding somethings to a systemd file !
    Its more complicated, is it a better method or can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot:

    can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts?

    It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.


Related Topics
  • Upgrade issues

    Solved Configure nodebb
    2
    1
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    Use this code git fetch # Grab the latest code from the NodeBB repository git checkout v3.x git reset --hard origin/v3.x And you will have the latest version without specifying it https://docs.nodebb.org/configuring/upgrade/
  • Difficult to move posts now, on mobile.

    Bugs nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.
  • NodeBB v3 Android Problem

    Solved Configure nodebb android
    4
    4 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    thank you fixed.
  • NodeBB: hCaptcha

    Solved Configure hcaptcha
    15
    2 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    @mventures none that I know of. I don’t recall selecting these either for mine.
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • nodebb loading emojis

    Solved Configure nodebb emojis
    16
    1
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version. You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.
  • who is read NodeBB

    Customisation read post nodebb
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You should ask in the NodeBB forums. Perhaps reference this post https://discuss.flarum.org/d/23066-who-read
  • NodeBB metadata

    Solved Configure nodebb
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB metadata: @jac Are you sure ? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&sxsrf=AOaemvLwnaZL-PliU_2dBOg_Eo1pMVhBjg%3A1638982328139&source=hp&ei=uOKwYeatBcOsad3yp7AE&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYbDwyLBSDcG5XYoFCKwQFhgz94wTxOcV&ved=0ahUKEwjm6dX71NT0AhVDVhoKHV35CUYQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=site%3Astockportcounty.fans&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BAgjECc6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoFCAAQgAQ6CAguELEDEIMBOgsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQsQM6BQgAELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQyQM6BQgAEJIDUABYySZg0CdoAHAAeACAAW2IAa0NkgEEMjMuMpgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz Fair enough 🤪🤪.