Skip to content

NodeBB v4.0.0 — Federate good times, come on!

World
94 64 22.6k

Related Topics
  • navigation menu panel on mobile

    Solved Customisation nodebb css
    8
    1
    7 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check. EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right… .bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; } I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.
  • 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    825 Views
    No one has replied
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!

    Moved Solved General nodebb
    4
    2
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda said in Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!: Ah, so sidebar wont work on mobile? Correct. If you review the docs on bootstrap, you’ll notice that it is designed on a grid system https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/layout/grid/ What I mean by changing the category is moving it on here to general as you posted it in bugs, when it isn’t.
  • Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    18
    2
    7 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them. More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons. I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.
  • NodeBB: The global Search option

    Solved Configure search nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    @mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it. The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.
  • How to fix header side as boxed

    Solved Customisation header boxed sudonix nodebb
    10
    1
    6 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab yes it caused a problem for mobile users. thank you for helping …
  • NodeBB templates

    Locked Chitchat themes templates nodebb
    12
    4 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    Placing this here for reference https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher Further information and posts can be found at this link