Skip to content

NODEBB: Nginx error performance & High CPU

Solved Performance

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • configure ghost and wordpress combo

Moved Solved WordPress
    2 Votes
    4 Posts

@Madchatthew, thanks! I’ve set up Nginx and added SSL for both domains.

At first, I used DigitalOcean’s one-click setup to install Ghost on domain.com. Later, I also installed Ghost on domain2.com, and that worked without any issues.

But when I tried setting up wp.domain.com for WordPress, it kept redirecting to domain2.com instead of wp.domain.com after doing all the ngnix settings.

I gave up on that setup and tried installing WordPress on another droplet with a LEMP stack, but I ran into an issue with the upload file size limit. I might chose to Hostinger for hosting WordPress instead.

• error with v3 in browser console

Solved Performance
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@DownPW it’s in relation to the response I provided above

• build nodebb Warning in entrypoint size limit

Solved Performance
    0 Votes
    2 Posts

@eeeee they are nothing to worry about, and can be ignored.

• NodeBB: The global Search option

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• Nord VPN & Bitdefender

Solved Performance
    1 Votes
    8 Posts

@JAC been working fine. No complaints from me

• NodeBB 1.19.3

Solved Performance
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    3k Views

@phenomlab

I find the problem Mark 😉

The error message indicated this path :

http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u

I change the path url on config.json

47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png

And all it’s good 🙂

Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3

But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin

EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup

For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)

• [NodeBB] username cards

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab

Aha…nice to know. As always thank you for the reply and information.